CrazyBoards.org

Has anyone LOST WEIGHT on Seroquel

Am I a freak of what?? I read everything I could about Seroquel.. I feel great,

I am losing weight on this stuff...

My lifestyle remains the same but I am sleeping better  - that is it.. So I am up fewer hours, less active, because I am at rest more and less hyper but I am still losing weight.

Anyone else ???

Frosty.

Edited by frosty

yeah i was on seroquel and lost weight. i went off it a few weeks ago and i think i'm still losing.

not that i weigh myself.

just.. feel skinnier.

like i need to be skinnier.

;)

pj

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Weird.... :)   I live in Ontario as well and so far it's just you and me PJ.

Frosty

I'm losing weight.  I mean, I was before Seroquel, the drug just slowed it down a bit.  Makes it harder.  But I've lost a few inches here and there, kept off the weight I lost before Seroquel.  It can be done.

ummmm....this is one side effect I'd like to order pleasee!!! B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know what though?? I gained 20 pounds on Lamictal at your dose real fast...

But I had serious side effects and had to come off it.. (darn) ;)

So did the weight..

Frosty.

The worse ever was Paxil... EEW. I bloated up like a dead fish...  40 pounds in one month. My stretch marks had stretch marks.. I told the doc if I am so depressed about myself  by the sise effects of this pill, even if it pulls me out of the first depression, my self hatred is still going to keep me in a depressed state.. So what is the point... Got off that too.. 

They should make a pill that's a combo of an AP and tapeworm larva.

Just a thought.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wouldn't work V E .. The tapeworm probably would end up either sleeping all day 

or getting manic and forgetting to eat anyway.. ;)

Frosty

Just wrote on Seroquel in the "sleepies" thread but I thought I'd add a note here which I sure hope is wrong. Several studies (sorry no links) "show" that Seroquel tends to cause weight gain - and quite a bit (positive correlation in other words) -  in those for whom it  is most effective.

Speaking as someone who has decided NEVER  again to take a med which causes weight gain -  having just barely removed forty  killing lbs which trashed already fragile:  back, knees, lipids, heart and morale. From Nardil  (Not the reason I stopped it.)

GREAT medicine, though - for them as it works for.  I mean that.    Giving up sausage etc, was nothing. 

But it WAS killling me.

rt

PS MUST we have this "edited by" note??  ;) I'll be forced to add OCD to my dx list (was hoping to keep that. at least,  under wraps. )

Edited by realitytest

I've lost about 10 pounds since starting Seroquel about 2 months ago.  I had been at the same weight for years and never could lose more than a couple of pounds.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have to add, and i don't know if it's something that's similar for you synthetic? i didn't gain any weight from seroquel, but when i think about it carefully i am pretty sure i lost weight when i STARTED lithium, but i was still taking seroquel - or rather, restarted seroquel because i was flipping out.

cause the s/e of starting lithium includes nausea, this makes sense. when i was first taking lithium (at 1500mg BID) i couldn't eat. too pukey.

i'm not on seroquel anymore. but this thought occurred to me.

pj

seroquel. gaahh. it's my wonder drug but it makes me fat.

i'm getting my buddha belly again. crap.

grouse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On one of my many  research expeditions, I found out that Seroquel affects the Hypothalimus gland which is the control center for hunger in the body.. among other things. So what it does is mainly negate our  satiety centre meaning no matter how much you eat , you still feel hungry because that mechanism is

not working normaly as it should.

Frosty..

My thighs seem to be growing by the minute on this stuff, yep, I can't get enough food to keep me full for more than like 3-4 hours. Uggg.  I just stared at myself in the bathroom here at work and told myself I'm a disgusting fat pig.  ;)   FUUCK, I can't be fat because I get severely depressed when bigger than a size 2....

• 2 years later...