CrazyBoards.org

Posted (edited)

I went to my pdoc complaining of episodes of restlessness and agitation like I can't sit still and are unbearable.

I told him I had tried taking zyprexa 2.5mg tabs which I had left over and at other times valium both of which helped somewhat.

He was willing to give me valium but I would prefer the zyprexa as non-addictive and you can't get repeats of valium where I live so it's a pain.

But he has told me to only take half of one 2.5mg tablet which just seems like it wouldn't be a theraputic dose.

I don't know why he is reluctant to at least have me on 2.5mg other than I have put on a lot of weight in the last year (I am still within a healthy weight range).  I am watching my diet.

Is he just giving me this hoping for some placebo affect?

I am also taking amisulpride 300mg for shizophrenia and 20mg prozac for ocd.

Edit:  I think it is 40mg of prozac.  Two tablets per day.

Edited by eee123
correction

8 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

Does he think it’s akathisia? If so that might make sense 

He thinks it is a combination of akathisia and anxiety.  Does low dose zyprexa help akathisia?

For akathisia your probably going to want to try propranolol or cogentin. 

That's what I was given, propranolol worked much better. 

Valium should help akathisia, at least to manage short term while exploring other options 

It’s surprising w all the regulations that he is willing to let you stay on Valium. 

But, good thinking on your part, withdrawal is so bad on benzos.

Don't expect benzos to be very effective against akathisia as they are a 2nd or 3d line treatment for it. Propranolol is the first line drug as it hits the right part of the brain. Its use depends on your blood pressure and how low it goes in reaction to propranolol. Mine is a little on the high side so I don't find doses under 100 mg to have dramatic effects on blood pressure. If it drives your blood pressure too low then there is cogentin.