CrazyBoards.org

Max for Cymbalta?

I believe that I high a dose is frequently indicated for neuropathic pain.

IIRC, in Lily's initial trials for depression somthing like 15 or 20 % of people who did not respond to 60 mgs went on to respond favorably to higher doses.  Considering that Cymbalta discontinuation can be nasty it would make sense to see if you're in that 15%-20% before moving on to try somthing else.

VE is correct, anything above 60mg is experimental.... I went up to 90mg after a month or so I realized there was really no diff between 60 and 90.  I was able to decrease without any symptoms.... I would suggest another AD instead of going up to 120mg... 90-120 is really for the pain aspect ;)

VE is correct, anything above 60mg is experimental.... I went up to 90mg after a month or so I realized there was really no diff between 60 and 90.  I was able to decrease without any symptoms.... I would suggest another AD instead of going up to 120mg... 90-120 is really for the pain aspect ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My pdoc refuses me everytime I see him to take me up above 60. He says there is just NO evidence that it's therapeutic for depression.

I don't WANT to take more, I just want to feel better. <shrug> I feel shitloads better than last summer, but if blah is as good as it gets, I can see a spiral card being pulled from the deck, with Edward on it...(Cerberus' sea creature in the abyss). I soooooo don't wanna go there.

S9

saturnine, whats exactly your feelings on Cymbalta?  Maybe you need something for your ADD.  When I was taking 60mg C and 300mg WB I felt great but still had anxiety issues.  Thats why I switched from C to Lex...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, er, ah, I can't take stims. Because I'm addicted to such things. And as the serious dude with the long funny nose pointed out to me months ago, I was probably shooting myself in the foot by using my ritalin recreationally. He thought I was fucking the Cymbalta all to hell and basically canceling it's affects for depression totally by abusing my ritalin.

I rather suspected this, but he provided a more pharma/scientific explanation that made total sense to me. So...no stims, Strattera and Cymbalta, nah. Wellbutrin, unfortunately and much to my chagrin, triggers my rage impulse by the 2nd day I take it. Fuck.

I'm starting to consider I might be in the BPII realm, actually. Mood swings without mania. Depression that gets ONLY so much better. Meh.

S9

Maybe you should be taking an AP or something like that.  I'd look more into the BPII.  Not sure why you'd only be on Cymbalta for that.. Doesn't seem right.  Strattera is non-addicting, why can't you take that one?

Maybe you should be taking an AP or something like that.  I'd look more into the BPII.  Not sure why you'd only be on Cymbalta for that.. Doesn't seem right.  Strattera is non-addicting, why can't you take that one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AP! Dopamine blockade!!! Akasthisia!!!!!!!!!!! EPS!!!!!!!!!!! PURE EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok ok done. </no personal bias at all>

So S9, ever tried Provigil?  Although it's known to be self-reinforcing in animal models, they haven't proved any addiction potential in humans (but because of the former, it's been given a DEA Schedule IV classification in the US).  It might be something you may wish to consider, but I think your pdoc may be hesitant to Rx that for you, given your history with a similar (psychotropically but not pharmacologically) medication like methylphenidate.

Bianca:  Strattera appears to work by exerting a mild stimulant effect in all the right places (kind of like Ritalin, but that one just goes and exerts a stimulant effect everywhere, right, wrong, and everywhere in between).  I suppose she could consider it, but most pdocs are very wary of prescribing two drugs (e.g. Cymbalta+Strattera) that exert a reuptake inhibition effect on the same neurotransmitter (norep. in this case).  That's likely the main reason I've chosen to stay away from pharmacological treatment of ADD (I wasn't going to take anything addictive).

Though, I'm sure if the Cymbalta+Strattera combination becomes popular with pdocs ever, that a certain Colonel buried in Indianapolis is going to wet his pants while resting in peace.

I don't think doc will give me strattera, I have addiction/abuse history and he laughed at me when I suggested an ADD med or stimulant.  Glad I could give him a chuckle.  I know strattera is different, but still. 

The higher dose of cymbalta and lamictal seems to be doing well - I don't know whether it is the cymbalta or lamictal.  I've been on 40 mgs of lexapro before, which is high, and did really well on it so maybe I am just an experimental dosage chick.  Until it poops out or something. 

The other issue I KNOW I am going to have is the insurance approving the 120 mg.  With the 90 I had to get 2 seperate prescriptions for 60 amd 30 mgs, they wouldn't approve taking 3 30mgs.  Fuckers.  Make me spend more money so they can save a few pennies....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

B-

Wasnt sure if you were directing this to me, but I am on Cymbalta for MDD. I don't have a dx of BPII, though I am growing increasingly suspiscious (sp?) of the mood swings without mania, chronic dysthymia, and mdd combo. I think a mood stabilizer would be more appropriate, perhaps lamictal? Isn't that one?

But I'm not a pdoc, and so far my pdoc is underwhelmed with my own medical investigation. ;) . Last we met, a I agreed to see if when SAD is relieved (I have this compounding factor for centuries now) if dysthymia is not elevated to a mood somewhat resembling pleasant? happy? content? I'm not terribly conversational with the happy end of the mood spectrum because I don't know DICK about it!

An aside, I had a recent trial of Topamax for migraine and 25 was ok, but 50 nearly, literally, retarded me permanently. I didn't even bother backing off, I just threw them in the dumpster. So, potential mood stabilization, in addition to migraine propholaxsis from Topamax: DENIED.

Fucking meds. Fucking minds. I am FOUL with a capitol FUCK.

Archived