CrazyBoards.org

Hi! I know that the advertising revenue is important to keeping CB alive. I was just wondering if there was a pay to remove ads feature, since I wouldn't mind investing in such a really great resource anyways. ?

• Like 2

This would be great! I was gonna donate more, but now with so many ads, I just click on them occasionally which should help some. 

Early next week I'm moving us to new hosting and also doing a bunch of upgrades.  I'll be looking at options for this kind of thing after that.  The biggest problem that I'm aware of is that there isn't an easy way to automate it.  I'd have to keep up with it all in a spreadsheet and flip the setting for everyone manually.   I'll double check and see if that changed.   

• Like 2

There are ads? I have an ad blocker so I didn't know because otherwise I'd have turned it off. Another forum I was on had some hilariously inappropriate ads for a mental health forum. There was one with Mr T though I can't remember what he was selling. But writing about suicidal feelings and seeing an ad for pension plans made me laugh. I'm so lonely - "Meet hot MILFs in your area!" or maybe order a Russian bride, satisfaction guaranteed! They made me chuckle.

1 hour ago, Fluent In Silence said:

There are ads? I have an ad blocker so I didn't know because otherwise I'd have turned it off. Another forum I was on had some hilariously inappropriate ads for a mental health forum. There was one with Mr T though I can't remember what he was selling. But writing about suicidal feelings and seeing an ad for pension plans made me laugh. I'm so lonely - "Meet hot MILFs in your area!" or maybe order a Russian bride, satisfaction guaranteed! They made me chuckle.

How can a Mr. T ad ever be inappropriate? ?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Velvet Elvis said:

Early next week I'm moving us to new hosting and also doing a bunch of upgrades.  I'll be looking at options for this kind of thing after that.  The biggest problem that I'm aware of is that there isn't an easy way to automate it.  I'd have to keep up with it all in a spreadsheet and flip the setting for everyone manually.   I'll double check and see if that changed.   

Oooh that fresh new host smell! 

I think I'm on a couple of forums that have that option, if I can remember, I'll see if I can find out how they do it.  

On 4/19/2019 at 12:20 PM, DammitJanet said:

This would be great! I was gonna donate more, but now with so many ads, I just click on them occasionally which should help some. 

I do that, too!