CrazyBoards.org

5 years ago today my little brother died. He was 28. I miss him a lot and am sad. But I am ok. It still hurts a lot though. I think of him still most days even though it has been 5 years. I really really miss him. I have to stop or I’ll start crying again. And I just did my makeup for once and I don’t want to ruin it. Silly I know. 

24 minutes ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

5 years ago today my little brother died. He was 28. I miss him a lot and am sad. But I am ok. It still hurts a lot though. I think of him still most days even though it has been 5 years. I really really miss him. I have to stop or I’ll start crying again. And I just did my makeup for once and I don’t want to ruin it. Silly I know. 

I can relate with you on this one.......My mom passed away almost 4 yrs ago, and I am still grieving for her.......She was 80 when she passed......She was a wonderful mom, and I still miss her so much....Sometimes I even want to call her on the phone, and realize I can't, because she's gone.

It is okay to still grieve for your brother....Grief has no time limit....It is okay to cry, too....

I'm sorry for your loss, Cheese. 

How have you worked with your grief? 3 years ago my dad died and I still haven't processed it. I think our MI issues end up getting in the way sometimes. 

Let yourself cry and feel your feelings, though. Loss is never easy, especially someone so close. 

I'm sorry, Cheese.  In my experience, anniversaries are particularly hard,  even if I think about the people I've lost all the time.   I agree that grief has no time limit.

I'm so sorry, Cheese. I think that nobody really gets over loss. The intense pain may become duller and more remote, but you always have a hole in your heart. I wish you the best on and around this anniversary and hope that you can embrace all the positives your brother brought into your life.

I’m sorry I’m a bit late, but I’m sorry that such a hard anniversary happened...not that isn’t already painful on non-anniversaries.  Thinking of you.

On 4/23/2019 at 11:31 AM, Wonderful.Cheese said:

Not silly. I'm sorry about your brother. Grief is really hard to get past.

Thanks for the support and I’m sorry for you guys who are also grieving. Very sad. :(

I appreciate your comments though and that makes me feel less alone in all this. Thank you.