CrazyBoards.org
Evey

Anyone take Risperdal for insomnia?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone takes Risperdal for insomnia. If so, what dosage do you take? Thanks!

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Evey said:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone takes Risperdal for insomnia. If so, what dosage do you take? Thanks!

I am taking Risperdal for my OCD, specifically, but pdoc said take it with my night medications, since it can be sedating.

In other words, I take it for OCD really, but I find that it helps with sleep.......The meds I take specifically for sleep are Trazodone and clonazepam (Klonopin).

My current dosage of Risperdal is 2mg...........Have you tried anything else for sleep?

Edited by CrazyRedhead

I'm in a similar situation to CR.  I took it for mood symptoms, but it helped with sleep quite a bit.  I took a relatively small dose (1.5mg). 

42 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

I'm in a similar situation to CR.  I took it for mood symptoms, but it helped with sleep quite a bit.  I took a relatively small dose (1.5mg). 

Did it increase your weight or hunger?

31 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

Yes to hunger, no to weight.  I was monitoring that pretty closely.

Meh! Do you mind me asking how bad the hunger got? Was it ever unbearable? Or just a constant mild hunger? Did it make you crave carbs/sweets?

13 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

Consistently noticeable, but not unmanageable.  I can’t remember craving anything in particular, but I might be wrong.

Thanks for that information. I’m constantly on the hunt to find a more effective sleep med and one that I could drop all the others and not have to eat an entire pharmacy just to sleep half a night. Thanks 🙏 

• Like 1