CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
eee123

neighbours knocking on my door after 9.30pm

Neighbours knocking on my door after 9.30pm to complain about my dog barking?  Surely they could have picked a more sociable time to discuss the matter with me?  I am not even sure it is my dog they are talking about as I work from home and rarely leave the house and he doesn't bark that much except the last few days when he's had a great big bone he is excited about.  They are from two doors up and the neighbours either side of me have not complained.  How do they know it is my dog? 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, eee123 said:

Neighbours knocking on my door after 9.30pm to complain about my dog barking?  Surely they could have picked a more sociable time to discuss the matter with me?  I am not even sure it is my dog they are talking about as I work from home and rarely leave the house and he doesn't bark that much except the last few days when he's had a great big bone he is excited about.  They are from two doors up and the neighbours either side of me have not complained.  How do they know it is my dog? 

Your neighbors from 2 houses up can't really know for sure it was your dog, unless they directly saw him barking, especially if there are other dogs in the neighborhood.......and they surely could have picked a better time to discuss it........

Knocking on your door at 9:30pm was very inconsiderate of them, IMO.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

If your dog rarely barks, you have nothing to worry about. So I hope you don't get into catasophising the situation. 

If he was a barker, it'd be different. But you work from home, so would know if that were the case 

On 4/28/2019 at 2:20 AM, Hume's doona said:

If your dog rarely barks, you have nothing to worry about. So I hope you don't get into catasophising the situation. 

If he was a barker, it'd be different. But you work from home, so would know if that were the case 

Yes, I have kept note of how much he has barked today and it was about 3-4 times with about 3-12 barks all within business hours (so not keeping people awake) and most of the barking was within my house with all doors and windows closed (as it's starting to get cold) so I assume they two doors up are also in their house with windows closed, I can't see how the barking could have been that loud or bothersome.

I've also noted there are heaps of other dogs barking in the area, it just doesn't bother me that much as it is only short and is not that loud

• Like 1

Cities have an hour after which the noise restrictions are tightened. Here it is 11 PM and I have turned in people for their dog that barks continually all day. Once it is 11 PM they are in violation of the noise ordinance  and it is easy to get them convicted. Prior to 11 PM we are supposed to tolerate more noise. I use cassette recordings of the dog barking after 11 PM, taken from my front porch, as proof.