CrazyBoards.org

My blood sugar two weeks ago was 113, which is prediabetic.  I freaked out and went to a nutirtionist--both because of that and for help with the weight loss I've been fighting some time.  She has me focusing on fiber and vegetables right now, though that is partially IBS-related.  I personally also decided to cut out soda (I'd told her during the appointment that that was the pln.)

Good news - my blood sugar was done again this weekend and it was 77.

I know that there's possibly more ahead fo me.  I'm going to continue working with the nutritionist.  She's teaching me basic things I should have learned already. 

The big question is my A1C, but my doctor wants to give me a good solid few months with the healthier habits under my belt.

• Like 5

That’s good that you are seeing a difference. I hope the a1c is all good. I stress over mine but it’s definitely more helpful. 

They make at home A1c tests. You can buy them at Walmart and pharmacies.

On 5/7/2019 at 7:29 PM, dancesintherain said:

My blood sugar two weeks ago was 113, which is prediabetic.  I freaked out and went to a nutirtionist--both because of that and for help with the weight loss I've been fighting some time.  She has me focusing on fiber and vegetables right now, though that is partially IBS-related.  I personally also decided to cut out soda (I'd told her during the appointment that that was the pln.)

Good news - my blood sugar was done again this weekend and it was 77.

Are these fasting or nonfasting ?  113 is prediabetic if it is fasting, only.

Edited by notloki