CrazyBoards.org
DammitJanet

Best typical AP for sleep-least side effects?

18 hours ago, mikl_pls said:

IME, Viibryd is more stimulating. Lexapro made me fall asleep in class when I was in high school.

Yes! Its metabolite is a stimulant, or so I've read. The higher the dose, the higher the levels of the metabolite, mCPP.

Nice description!

I’m worried about losing all this energy too. FML

On 5/14/2019 at 12:18 AM, mikl_pls said:

Yes! Its metabolite is a stimulant, or so I've read. The higher the dose, the higher the levels of the metabolite, mCPP.

yes, of course! mCPP being the infamous ecstasy substitute. It's a serotonin agonist in almost all areas which would be stimulating similarly to ecstasy but reports say it isn't a pleasant experience relative to ecstasy.

23 hours ago, browri said:

yes, of course! mCPP being the infamous ecstasy substitute. It's a serotonin agonist in almost all areas which would be stimulating similarly to ecstasy but reports say it isn't a pleasant experience relative to ecstasy.

Well, 300 has always been very sedating for me. The extreme insomnia only started a few weeks ago and I’ve been on a high dose of Trazadone for over 15 years. 😂 

so I’m pretty sure it was the krill oil because I stopped it completely a good several days ago, plus lowered my Viibryd while I increased the Lexapro a couple of days ago, and last night I finally slept a straight seven hours but that was with help from Seroquel. Tonight I’m trying without the Seroquel because I’m groggy AF today and feel drugged. Thanks guys!

5 minutes ago, DammitJanet said:

Well, 300 has always been very sedating for me. The extreme insomnia only started a few weeks ago and I’ve been on a high dose of Trazadone for over 15 years. 😂 

so I’m pretty sure it was the krill oil because I stopped it completely a good several days ago, plus lowered my Viibryd while I increased the Lexapro a couple of days ago, and last night I finally slept a straight seven hours but that was with help from Seroquel. Tonight I’m trying without the Seroquel because I’m groggy AF today and feel drugged. Thanks guys!

you definitely can't discount the effect that good ole fish oil has on the mood. There's lots of evidence that starting high-potency fish oil can actually precipitate hypomania similarly to antidepressants and that Prozac combined with a good fish oil did better than Prozac or fish oil alone for major depressive disorder. I take Vascepa which is an EPA-only, prescription fish oil product providing 960mg of EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) in a 1 gram (1000mg) capsule. That's the highest potency EPA-only fish oil around as far as I know. I take 2 grams twice a day during Fall and Winter and reduce to 1 gram twice a day in Spring and Summer because it actually stimulates me a bit in combination with the rest of my cocktail. Spring and Summer are usually my time to reduce the Vascepa and Trintellix and increase the Vyvanse and Depakote while reversing that in the Fall and Winter.

• Like 1