CrazyBoards.org
coa999

NHS mental health is BULLSHIT

they spend time saying that I'm a "bad person" for not being religous and going to church. I don't care about going. And I challenged them to section me not going - since it's evident they have some plot against me to try and undermine me.

I doubt what they said had anything to do with religion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If it is about religion, which is pretty inappropriate, then find someone else? No one is going to section you because you haven't found God or something like that. 

3 hours ago, Persona_Is_Life said:

If it is about religion, which is pretty inappropriate, then find someone else? No one is going to section you because you haven't found God or something like that. 

i cannot, since i can only use those in my local NHS area. they all are highly religious. 

That's odd. Yeah you wouldn't be crazy if you could only believe in the bearded white guy who sits on a cloud and sends us natural disasters to punish the gays (I know, and I'm sorry to anyone who's religious because that was an unfair characterisation). Religion shouldn't come into it and it's pretty scandalous if someone you're seeing through the NHS is trying to convert you. Have you tried letting Jesus into your life? The guy's a riot! He can play bass guitar and chugs beer like an elephant. Again, I'm not trying to offend anyone who's religious, and rest assured that I'm going to face eternal torment in hell, which seems proportionate for a few cheap jokes about religion. Hello Satan! You're shorter than I imagined.

That's shit though. Have they tried an exorcism with you? "The power of Christ compels you!" Christians apparently hate garlic, or is that vampires? Something like that anyway. Or was it onions? Normal onions or spring onions? Probably either would work. So what you want to do is smell of onions in order to get good mental health care.

I'm sorry. We laugh or cry at such shit and it really is awful that this has happened to you. I've had my own problems accessing mental health services but nothing like this. If I haven't made it clear enough already I'm not religious, and if the help that was offered me was someone trying to convert me to Christianity I'd stick that cross up their holiest of holies.

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2019 at 2:57 PM, DammitJanet said:

I doubt what they said had anything to do with religion. 

there is a strong correlation between spirituality and happiness, a lot of people see that as a causation and try to encourage us to become religious... even if it did guarentee happiness I'd rather be true to myself and my own beliefs. Brene Brown says you can't be a good therapist if you aren't spiritual... i think a lot of therapists believe this, but certainly not all, I think Coa has had terrible bad luck.... it is possible that they said something ambiguous that seemed like it might have been religious when it wasn't, but it's not at all unlikely that they genuinely are preaching

Edited by Antecedent

Just now, Antecedent said:

there is a strong correlation between spirituality and happiness, a lot of people see that as a causation and try to encourage us to become religious... even if it did guarentee happiness I'd rather be true to myself and my own beliefs. Brene Brown says you can't be a good therapist if you aren't spiritual... i think a lot of therapists believe this, but certainly not all, I think Coa has had terrible bad luck

Maybe you should read some of his/her other replies on other posts. Have a good day. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DammitJanet said:

Maybe you should read some of his/her other replies on other posts. Have a good day. 

I'm inclined to believe people's versions of events until  I think that not believing them might be helpful to them, but you're welcome to think different :)Sometimes challenging people can be really helpful to them, who is expert on when to say what, nobody! :) Forums are great because you get different perspectives

Edited by Antecedent

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Antecedent said:

I'm inclined to believe people's versions of events until  I think that not believing them might be helpful to them, but you're welcome to think different :)Sometimes challenging people can be really helpful to them, who is expert on when to say what, nobody! :) Forums are great because you get different perspectives

That made no sense as I’m minus four days of sleep. 

You responded to my post, I responded in kind. 

And you’re right about perceptions, and he got mine  

My position is unchanged and I’m done with this discussion. 

Edited by DammitJanet
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DammitJanet said:

That made no sense as I’m minus four days of sleep. 

You responded to my post, I responded in kind. 

And you’re right about perceptions, and he got mine  

My position is unchanged and I’m done with this discussion. 

Well you've had more interactions with this person than I, but even if you hadn't I wouldn't have tried to change your perspective. I hope you get some sleep soon, ❤️ take care

• Thanks 1

God I'm sorry if I sounded too sneering about religion. Or if I didn't then I'm sorrry for being sorry about... fuck it, I'm sorry that I exist. Evangelical atheists piss me off and I don't mean to sound like one of them.

You’re fine, Fluent. Pissiness is a landmine here lately...

On 5/12/2019 at 8:49 AM, Fluent In Silence said:

That's odd. Yeah you wouldn't be crazy if you could only believe in the bearded white guy who sits on a cloud and sends us natural disasters to punish the gays (I know, and I'm sorry to anyone who's religious because that was an unfair characterisation). Religion shouldn't come into it and it's pretty scandalous if someone you're seeing through the NHS is trying to convert you. Have you tried letting Jesus into your life? The guy's a riot! He can play bass guitar and chugs beer like an elephant. Again, I'm not trying to offend anyone who's religious, and rest assured that I'm going to face eternal torment in hell, which seems proportionate for a few cheap jokes about religion. Hello Satan! You're shorter than I imagined.

That's shit though. Have they tried an exorcism with you? "The power of Christ compels you!" Christians apparently hate garlic, or is that vampires? Something like that anyway. Or was it onions? Normal onions or spring onions? Probably either would work. So what you want to do is smell of onions in order to get good mental health care.

I'm sorry. We laugh or cry at such shit and it really is awful that this has happened to you. I've had my own problems accessing mental health services but nothing like this. If I haven't made it clear enough already I'm not religious, and if the help that was offered me was someone trying to convert me to Christianity I'd stick that cross up their holiest of holies.

Wonder if chives kill a very small one?

• Haha 1