CrazyBoards.org

Hated to see this question buried under dust. I’m not sure what tips you’re looking for? I’m self-employed, but basically quit working several years ago, now I’m back to working full time more or less. 

Lol, I don’t work in pajamas! But seriously, this could be a good discussion. 

I'm largely looking for ideas on how to handle the anxiety related to the transition back.  I'm going to full-time after about a six month break, so it's a pretty big change.

No wisdom to add, but I just wanted to say I hope the anxiety subsides for you dances. 

Maybe someone with experience will chime in, because I too think this could be a useful discussion for people. 

17 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

I'm largely looking for ideas on how to handle the anxiety related to the transition back.  I'm going to full-time after about a six month break, so it's a pretty big change.

Following this. I hope some people reply with suggestions. I'm extremely worried about going back to work, it's been several years for me. I'm afraid I will not be able to maintain and manage my illness. I've failed to in the past and can't handle any more failures. Each time it is more traumatizing. I've been researching possibilities but all of the jobs/roles I'm interested in require going into an office full-time. I'm told I'm overqualified for a lot of work and I would be bored miserable in an entry-level type clerical job anyway. The lack of any flexibility kills me. Even if I could have 1 day off per week & start at 10am, that would be a HUGE help.

Another dream would be contracts where I could break every 3-6 months, but I've never done freelance type work before and there usually aren't stable medical benefits with that. Will try exploring remote work. Unfortunately, I have so much anxiety (with no office privacy, being surrounded by people, noise, conversations),  I can't concentrate on any higher level tasks. I just stew, frozen in panic and want to escape and hide. I can't even work in cafes with headphones on, too much going on. I work much more efficiently at home. 😞 It's got to the point where I ask myself if I should just disclose I have a medical disability, I really don't want to do that... but it is incredibly disabling at times. I don't know what to do.

Edited by Blahblah