CrazyBoards.org

It seems I’ve heard or read a few places that said genetics have a window of the percentage of the main active ingredient allowed. Is this true?

Ive seen some here say that they are identical, but the other sources I’ve seen say as long as they have (80%?) of the main ingredient, they are allowed?

Thanks in advance. 

This is a bit over my head, as math/statistics tends to be.

what i gathered, as relevant to your question is that

1. Bio equivalent/availability has a margin of error, however in reality is quite small. highly variable drugs would not be approved by the fda.

2. There is the assumption that bioavailability dictates therapeutic equivalence. However generic drugs are not rigorously tested like a new drug for efficacy, only bio equivalence.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4157693/

so that would explain why, in theory, brand name drugs would possibly be more effective. I dont have a list but I believe Lamotrigine is one that gets called out. Bupropion too, during that teva fiasco. Ive also seen something about certain benzos on this forum...though that was between generics. Same logic applies however.

maybe you need brand name sleep meds.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, argh said:

This is a bit over my head, as math/statistics tends to be.

what i gathered, as relevant to your question is that

1. Bio equivalent/availability has a margin of error, however in reality is quite small. highly variable drugs would not be approved by the fda.

2. There is the assumption that bioavailability dictates therapeutic equivalence. However generic drugs are not rigorously tested like a new drug for efficacy, only bio equivalence.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4157693/

so that would explain why, in theory, brand name drugs would possibly be more effective. I dont have a list but I believe Lamotrigine is one that gets called out. Bupropion too, during that teva fiasco. Ive also seen something about certain benzos on this forum...though that was between generics. Same logic applies however.

maybe you need brand name sleep meds.

Or just to be shot. 😀 I’ll take that over another night without no sleep. Thanks for the info. 

If you pair your Lunesta with ashwagandha, it might help. It's kinda like combining a benzo and alcohol, except without the respiratory depression, risk of death, and stupidity. Plus ashwagandha is good for mood and anxiety.

• Thanks 1