CrazyBoards.org

Posted (edited)

So I noticed this latest depression has brought some new terrible things with it that I hadn't experienced before.

I'm not sure best how to describe this, it's a matter of things that used to be unconscious movement becoming conscious and decisions.  For example, normally when I want to do something I would just do it.  If I want to go to the store I would grab my shoes, wallet, and just go without a second thought.  I've been having some episodes where I find myself consciously thinking about every movement I'm involved in, from putting on my shoes, to having to get into the car, and then wondering about my driving.  Sort of becoming way more self-conscious than I ever need to be...And then having a lot of thoughts and worries I don't normally deal with.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?  I don't know whether to chalk it up to depression, or the fact I've been reclusive, or maybe it's just both.

Edited by BrianOCD
  • Like 1

Anxiety? Particularly if thoughts are what might happen. 

Depressive thought patterns focus on the past. Anxiety the future

3 minutes ago, Hume's doona said:

Anxiety? Particularly if thoughts are what might happen. 

Depressive thought patterns focus on the past. Anxiety the future

Idk, that's why I'm asking...I guess the two go together anyways.

I thought it was a depression movement related thing, but I suppose it could be anxiety as well.

• Like 1

It sounds like anxiety to me, but I'm not an expert on this. Possibly even OCD or obsessive-like symptoms related to anxiety.

• Like 1

Yeah I agree with @mikl_pls it seems like overthinking, more anxiety related. I've had that before..I know what you mean, when you're feeling better you just do things, without focusing and analyzing every move.

I relate to this, it might be tied to either anxiety or depression.  In depression, I might start to do something, like get dressed, but will get stuck holding my clothes and staring at the floor, exhausted by the thought of having to make the next movement.  It takes many conscious thoughts to get through a minor task because I find them all overwhelming.  It takes a decision and a lot of effort to get through each step of the action.  Is that similar to what you're experiencing?  In anxiety i might analyze every step too, but that is usually out of a specific fear of doing something wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Complicated toad said:

I relate to this, it might be tied to either anxiety or depression.  In depression, I might start to do something, like get dressed, but will get stuck holding my clothes and staring at the floor, exhausted by the thought of having to make the next movement.  It takes many conscious thoughts to get through a minor task because I find them all overwhelming.  It takes a decision and a lot of effort to get through each step of the action.  Is that similar to what you're experiencing?  In anxiety i might analyze every step too, but that is usually out of a specific fear of doing something wrong. 

Ya it's a combination of the two I think, I'm just too tired to get anything done and then the anxiety makes me worry about being out and about if i can hang...