CrazyBoards.org

Shouldn’t the generic brand name be on bottles of all meds?

I just switched pharmacies cause the customer service started to suck and at this new one I don’t see the generic brand on the bottle like the last pharmacy always had. 

How am I supposed to know when teva is back with klonopin?

It's there but it's usually a 3-4 letter abbreviation for the manufacturer which you can put into google to find the manufacturer. On my bottles, it's on the lower right hand side of the label.

It’s like...nowhere.. 😯 is it legally sposed to be there?

Not even a few letters. 

Wow, that's odd. I can't answer as to the legality of it because if it were a matter of legality then different states would have different laws, etc.

• Like 1

Jeez though how stupid to omit that! Lot of people I’m sure want to know which brand it is. FFS. Now they’re going to get very sick of me very quickly. Dammit. 😐

What pharmacy is it? Some might not. Trazodone, for example, I've rarely seen "Desyrel" on the bottle.

4 hours ago, Velvet Elvis said:

Does it say on printout that comes stapled to the bag?

I’ll check when I get my Lunesta tomorrow since I already threw the bag out. I don’t remember there being anything but the receipt in there, but I’m often wrong!

3 hours ago, argh said:

search for the pill, including color and imprint.

here's an example

https://www.drugs.com/imprints/45-14185.html

i did a search for small white pill 45, which is torrent pharma. matches exactly what it says on the side of my bottle.

here's the base URL to do your searching.

https://www.drugs.com/imprints.php

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Persona_Is_Life said:

What pharmacy is it? Some might not. Trazodone, for example, I've rarely seen "Desyrel" on the bottle.

My last pharmacy (Kroger)  always had it on the bottle but the new pharmacy is an independent family-owned one. 

6 hours ago, argh said:

search for the pill, including color and imprint.

here's an example

https://www.drugs.com/imprints/45-14185.html

i did a search for small white pill 45, which is torrent pharma. matches exactly what it says on the side of my bottle.

here's the base URL to do your searching.

https://www.drugs.com/imprints.php

Although, 😂 aren’t all 1 mg klonopin blue and scored?

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, DammitJanet said:

Although, 😂 aren’t all 1 mg klonopin blue and scored?

My 1mg clonazepam  is blue .....Accord is the generic manufacturer.

My pharmacy always lists the generic manufacturer in really small print, on the bottom left side of the label.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

2 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

My 1mg clonazepam  is blue .....Accord is the generic manufacturer.

My pharmacy always lists the generic manufacturer in really small print, on the bottom left side of the label.

I looked and looked to be sure, it’s nowhere 😐

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, DammitJanet said:

I looked and looked to be sure, it’s nowhere 😐

Weird.......You could call the pharmacy and ask what the manufacturer is......I'm not sure if pharmacies are legally required to list the manufacturer.

If your generic 1mg clonazepam is blue, though, it's Accord.....If the 1mg clonazepam is yellow, it's probably Actavis.

Here's what the Teva 1mg used to look like:

teva pill.jpg

Edited by CrazyRedhead

Just now, CrazyRedhead said:

Weird.......You could call the pharmacy and ask what the manufacturer is......I'm not sure if pharmacies are legally required to list the manufacturer.

If your generic 1mg clonazepam is blue, though, it's Accord.....If the 1mg clonazepam is yellow, it's probably Actavis.

Here's what the Teva 1mg used to look like:

teva pill.jpg

Gotcha! I’m happy about that then, seems people here have been having better luck with accord...at least if I’m not mistaken! Any idea when teva is supposed to be back?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, DammitJanet said:

Gotcha! I’m happy about that then, seems people here have been having better luck with accord...at least if I’m not mistaken! Any idea when teva is supposed to be back?

Well, I was switched to the Accord brand late last year, after the Teva brand was no longer available,

To be honest, the Accord brand works just as well as the Teva for me....haven't had any problems with it.

Does your clonazepam have "C 1" imprinted on the front?--if so it's definitely Accord.

To my knowledge, I don't know if Teva is going to be bringing back their clonazepam'........I've looked around and I don't see anything about any plans to bring it back........But who knows, they might sometime in the future.....

Edited by CrazyRedhead

5 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Well, I was switched to the Accord brand late last year, after the Teva brand was no longer available,

To be honest, the Accord brand works just as well as the Teva for me....haven't had any problems with it.

To my knowledge, I don't know if Teva is going to be bringing back their clonazepam'........I've looked around and I don't see anything about any plans to bring it back........But who knows, they might sometime in the future.....

I read somewhere that it’s coming back. They even have a link somewhere to give your opinion on the matter...or rather...a grievance email. 

3 minutes ago, DammitJanet said:

I read somewhere that it’s coming back. They even have a link somewhere to give your opinion on the matter...or rather...a grievance email. 

Well, if it does come back, that's great...!!........I would certainly use it again.

• Like 1

My pharmacy does not write the manufacturer on the bottle, but it does include a description of the pills in the bottle - color, shape, and any writing on them. You can look up the pills to learn the manufacturer, all that stuff is unique. I haven't had issues with different generic brands, but I do verify the pills in the bottle match what the bottle says they should be anytime I get a new script or the manufacturer changes.

1 hour ago, Geek said:

My pharmacy does not write the manufacturer on the bottle, but it does include a description of the pills in the bottle - color, shape, and any writing on them. You can look up the pills to learn the manufacturer, all that stuff is unique. I haven't had issues with different generic brands, but I do verify the pills in the bottle match what the bottle says they should be anytime I get a new script or the manufacturer changes.

No description either. Just nothing. I’ll try looking them up. At least a couple are different from my last pharmacy. Thanks 

On 5/16/2019 at 11:32 PM, Velvet Elvis said:

Does it say on printout that comes stapled to the bag?

Update: they aren’t even giving me the slip like I always got from the last pharmacy. 

Now I'm afraid I’ll be the annoying squeaky wheel if I request it for all 100 of my meds.