CrazyBoards.org
Lapis.Lazuli

I'm having an impossible time starting my new meds

Does anyone know why I would go from being able to take any and every med without worrying about it to now not being able to start my new meds and even being afraid of Ibuprofen now etc.?

The only meds I am "okay" taking right now are my Klonopin and Ativan but I have to take the Ativan sublingually or else I start to panic over it... and I also will have a bit of panic when even taking these 2 meds I have deemed "safe"...

I'm absolutely scared to the core of starting my 2 new meds even though these meds I have taken before on and off NUMEROUS times and at MUCH higher doses! (Clomipramine, Abilify)

My current dose for Clomipramine is 25 mg and Abilify 5 mg... but at one point I was taking 250 mg of Clomipramine and 30 mg of Abilify and I didn't feel scared to start or continue taking them even at those high dosages...

I just can't bring myself to put the pill in my mouth and swallow it because I know for the next minutes, hours, day(s) I will be having a racing heart and increased health anxiety and watching for rare side effects...

On 5/22/2019 at 9:11 PM, Lapis.Lazuli said:

I just can't bring myself to put the pill in my mouth and swallow it because I know for the next minutes, hours, day(s) I will be having a racing heart and increased health anxiety and watching for rare side effects...

Do you have a therapist you can talk to about it?........Also, explaining it to pdoc might help, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Do you have a therapist you can talk to about it?........Also, explaining it to pdoc might help, too.

Yeah this seems like it could be a very productive tdoc appointment 

• Like 2