CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
JustGotOut

I still have a slight tremor even after stopping antipsychotics

I've been on antipsychotics for the last 14 years. I stopped taking them over a month ago with my doctors approval. One thing I notice is I still have a slight tremor. About how long would it take for me to know if this is permanent or not? 

3 hours ago, JustGotOut said:

I've been on antipsychotics for the last 14 years. I stopped taking them over a month ago with my doctors approval. One thing I notice is I still have a slight tremor. About how long would it take for me to know if this is permanent or not? 

Do you take any other meds?

I take klonopin and ambien which i'm weaning off of. I just went to the gym today and my tongue was moving and i was licking my lips and well i'm pretty sure i looked like a mental patient ugh. If this is TD my chance of any normal social life is basically over. 

I can't speak to whether your tremor might be permanent or no, but wanted to mention that I take Propranolol to help my med side effect/post-ECT hand tremors and it helps me.  It's not my ideal to tack on another medication to deal with a side effect, but that's the solution that works for me right now.  I hope yours resolves soon.

• Like 1