CrazyBoards.org

I've been off of it for five weeks now. It's a relief but for some strange reason I still think about it, even thogh last time I smoked it I almost died.

I was high and I took a whole bottle of wellbutrin because my bf left me alone in the house and I was paranoid. I had two seizures and woke up in ICU. Needless to say I didn't do that crap anymore. I had been smoking the stuff for ten years.

Unfortunately, I still feel the need to take pills to calm me down. I think WAY too much and unless I have some opiates or a klonopin or seven, then I'm out in bizarro world.

Anyone ever got off this stuff?

hey, divinedesign....

I've never smoked crack.  But I have friends who have done it, and friends who have gone nutso over it, and I myself have some substance abuse issues.

Five weeks is awesome.  Five weeks is A LONG time to go without using. 

I don't have a whole lot of wise words of wisdom.  I am not very good at impulse control.  But I want to support you and say that WHATEVER you end up doing tonight, we're here to support you.  I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true.  There are a lot of folks here who have been where you've been (if not with crack, with heroin, meth, coke, etc). 

It may be a taboo subject in the real world, but it's not taboo here. 

If you can, don't use tonight.  You will be so proud of yourself tomorrow if you resist.

But if you can't, we'll still be here, without judgement or blame.  It's fucking hard.  Ridiculously hard.

Above all, try to stay safe. 

And keep talking if it'll help.

I agree five weeks is awesome, particularly if you did it without checking yourself in somewhere.

Now it might be time to think abou checking yourself in somewhere.

Crack bit me about ten years ago.  It's scary stuff.

Quiting is going to be one of the hardest things you've ever done in your life, but you know you have to.

Archived