CrazyBoards.org

I don't think  I can see my pdoc again.  He is against me and writes lies about me in my file.  He has his own agenda and doesn't care about my goals.  When I went inpatient I saw on the admission forms I signed he wrote "mood disorder" well I have never been diagnosed with a mood disorder and don't believe I have depression (have some depressive type symptoms but I think they are negative symptoms).  So this pdoc wrote in a letter to my GP that I had schizophrenia and told me he thought I had schizophrenia but then tried to sabotage me by writing that I have a mood disorder.  He is only interested in my alcohol abuse and not any of my other symptoms.  But all pdocs in my area are against me and are the same so I don't think I can see a pdoc anymore.  I discharged myself from inpatient because I didn't want to see the pdoc that is against me and noone there liked me and the nurse offended me.  My pdoc wanted me to come back to see him but I won't go.  I guess I could see my gp for meds but I am only on 2.5mgs of zyprexa so it feels like they are giving it to me as a placebo and don't think I really need it.  I feel very anxious and paranoid.

• Sad 1

Sounds about right. Mood disorder is all encompassing, so probably covers all psych meds. 

Maybe you should have a really open talk with him before never going back. Also, maybe 2.5 was just the starting dose and he was planning to gradually raise it 

Why would "mood disorder" get the claim paid but not schizophrenia?

2 hours ago, eee123 said:

Have you had a conversation with your pdoc to hear their explanation of what happened? Sometimes it’s just a mistake or something. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eee123 said:

WE do not have enough information to answer that question. I think you are being paranoid. 

I tend to get upset when the wrong diagnosis is written down for me too. I feel so misunderstood. I would recommend having an open conversation with your pdoc about this. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, eee123 said:

Depending on your insurance, it may not cover off label use or fight you for it. Lets say you need an ssri to deal with negative symptoms of your schizophrenia. There are no SSRIs which are fda approved for schizophrenia. Any usage of an ssri would be off label, even if it helps.

mood disorder isn’t defined clearly, so most insurances may have an easier time covering you. 

My dx is a mood disorder, i asked my psychiatrist point blank the last time and that was his answer. My previous dx was mdd. If you look at my cocktail, it suggests bipolar 2 more than mdd. If it had stayed as mdd and i had insurance with a stick up their asses, the gabapentin and Lamotrigine would not be covered.

based on your posts and mine, it is clear that our illnesses are nothing alike, but here we are with the same dx 

im going to assume you are american but if not, remember ‘merica fuck yeah.

Edited by argh
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 4:53 PM, Iceberg said:

Maybe you should have a really open talk with him before never going back. Also, maybe 2.5 was just the starting dose and he was planning to gradually raise it 

^^This^^.........I think having a discussion with him about it would be worth it, before totally giving up on him.

I'm in Australia BTW so I don't think it works quite the same with billing for insurance.  Some antipsychotics you have to have a diagnosis of schizophrenia for them to be covered by medicare.

Also, this same pdoc had given me prozac because he said I had OCD (I don't agree, and it definitely isn't the cleaning or hygeine kind) but I took it anyway,  Anyway, last time I got my script for prozac he rang up for the medicare approval and said the reason as major depressive disorder. WTF?  Previously he has said it is for OCD.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, eee123 said:

Anyway, last time I got my script for prozac he rang up for the medicare approval and said the reason as major depressive disorder. WTF?  Previously he has said it is for OCD.

Prozac is prescribed for major depression and OCD.........He might have said major depression when he called, so it would be more easily approved for you.

Edited by CrazyRedhead