CrazyBoards.org

Hey. I was wondering what the easiest thing to eat with Latuda's 350 calories?
I think I'm going to buy a whole selection of snacks and add em up to 350 - but I was wondering if anyone already did this or could share what they have?

When I was on Seroquel - I would eat a bowl of cereal with my meds as it would make me less likely to get munchies.
But with Latdua - I have to eat 350 calroies - which is quite a lot more than a bowl of cereal.

I tried having Latuda with my dinner last night and I ended up getting sedated way too early and wasting way too much time not sleeping.

A peanut butter and jelly sandwich would probably be pushing 350. Unless you are not American, and therefore probably perplexed about our romance with peanut butter.

ETA: And I see you are not American. So never mind😀

FWIW my pdoc says it's probably fine to take it like an hour after a meal while the food is still digesting. I avoided taking it with meals for a long time because I didn't like the early sedation. Right now I sort of enjoy the sweet relief of early sleep.

Edited by Unstrung Harp

Make a protein shake?

whole milk or soy, protein powder, fruit and or vegetables, mct oil like coconut oil.

both the protein and mct will keep you satiated. If you do casein protein, the satiation will last longer.

that'll get you up to 450 calories quite easily.

16 minutes ago, Unstrung Harp said:

A peanut butter and jelly sandwich would probably be pushing 350. Unless you are not American, and therefore probably perplexed about our romance with peanut butter.

your peanut butter is different to aussie stuff

i'd often been confuzzled by descriptions and recipes

but, after international exchanges with friends, yours is sweet, ours is kinda salty and savoury

18 minutes ago, Hume's doona said:

your peanut butter is different to aussie stuff

i'd often been confuzzled by descriptions and recipes

but, after international exchanges with friends, yours is sweet, ours is kinda salty and savoury

Sounds unappealing with jelly or jam.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, StarCrazy said:

Hey. I was wondering what the easiest thing to eat with Latuda's 350 calories?

I know of a member here who drinks the ENSURE PLUS  shakes with her Latuda......350 calories exactly.

This link shows the chocolate flavor, but it comes in vanilla, strawberry, dark chocolate, and butter pecan flavor, too:     https://ensure.com/nutrition-products/ensure-plus

Be careful not to get ENSURE ORIGINAL, because those only have 220 calories.

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 2

There's also soylent.

https://soylent.com/products/drink-cacao

50 more calories and 5g more protein vs ensure. I've found this to be a decent meal replacement drink.  it's more "filling" than other ones i've tried. Not on latuda myself, but i generally grab one when there's no time at work for lunch.

To note the powder, while cheaper doesn't taste like the actual bottles. It's semi gross. If you wanted to make a shake you'd do better with casein powder and some peanut butter.

Edited by argh
  • Like 2