CrazyBoards.org

Has anyone tried phenibut for their anxiety? Did it work? I’m looking for some benzo level relief 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, mcjimjam said:

Has anyone tried phenibut for their anxiety? Did it work? I’m looking for some benzo level relief 

I have never used it......Just a warning, though, according to what I found about it, it was banned in Australia as of February 2018:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-23/what-is-phenibut-the-drug-suspected-in-school-overdose/9475814

Quote from 2018 article: "Earlier this month, the Therapeutic Goods Administration officially listed Phenibut as a Prohibited Substance, meaning that it's possession, use, sale or manufacture is now banned in Australia.

However, as of now, it is still legal in the U.S.....Go figure...:huh:

Edited by CrazyRedhead

I think if it’s banned it’s more likely to actually do something, Unlike most supplements lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, mcjimjam said:

I think if it’s banned it’s more likely to actually do something, Unlike most supplements lol

Well, from what I have read about it, it is pretty strong, and you have to be extremely careful if you use it.....It's recommended to take it only 2-3 days a week, at most, to prevent dependence.....The withdrawals from it, if you get dependent, are pretty nasty.

Here's a case study of someone who self-medicated with Phenibut:   https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23391959

Here in the U.S., all the retail stores that were selling it off the shelf, have removed it from store shelves....You can't even order it on Amazon anymore, they stopped carrying it.

There are still a few specialty websites that you can order it from, here in U.S., but you can't just walk in a store and buy it anymore, even here.

Also, those few U.S. sites that I saw it available, they stated specifically that they don't ship it to Australia......IMO, I don't think it will be too long before it's banned here, too.....In Russia and Ukraine it's only available by prescription.

Would your pdoc consider just prescribing you a small dose of benzo for your anxiety?...

Edited by CrazyRedhead

I don't have a pdoc. The last one was prescribing a low dose of Klonopin but it was not really high enough to work. I think you are right that they will end up banning phenibut everywhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mcjimjam said:

I don't have a pdoc.

Where are you getting your current psych meds?.....From a general practice doctor?

On 6/17/2019 at 12:38 AM, CrazyRedhead said:

Where are you getting your current psych meds?.....From a general practice doctor?

Yes, I'm contemplating finding a new pschiatrist. I feel like there's nothing they can do anymore.