CrazyBoards.org

30 minutes ago, CrazyRedhead said:

Yes....in order for them to cover, a doc has to be "in network" with my plan.

I called my insurance company, and they e-mailed me a list of in network docs in my area.....Unfortunately, all them have waiting lists.......So, I'm on 3-4 waiting lists, checking periodically to see if any openings.....

I’d be a pita and call more doctors. Most don’t care. But if u keep falling, and call many, stating u have severe issues. U may get lucky. Took me weeks but I did

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

I’d be a pita and call more doctors. Most don’t care. But if u keep falling, and call many, stating u have severe issues. U may get lucky. Took me weeks but I did

Yes, I have called many docs, but if they aren't accepting my insurance, I can't afford to pay cash....I live on a fixed income, so every dollar counts........Wish I had the option to pay cash, but I can't......I am still searching, anyway, though.

Thanks for the encouragement.....I appreciate it.....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, looking for answers said:

See that’s the the thing. I truly don’t believe I’m bipolar. I wasn’t having success with typical depression meds. So a 2nd opinion doc said u must be bipolar stop all ur meds cold turkey, start seroquel and go to an iop. There they didn’t do much. I asked for lithium as an adjunct for depression, it pulled me out of hell but didn’t fix things . Since then many meds added and changed. But the lithium stays because, I must be bipolar. Current pdoc will say I don’t think ur bipolar, therapist says she doesn’t think I’m bipolar. Then when I ask off of it he says wel you may go manic. I’ve NEVER been manic. They said once maybe my anxiety was my mania. I think I just had a terrible depressive episode, and it took getting creative to get out. I’m still not perfect. But zero bipolar signs.

Rant over. Anyways why would I up seroquel. That , klonopin, trazadone are all for sleep

There's a school of thought of a "bipolar spectrum" which entails different flavors of depression, but are better treated with mood stabilizers/bp meds despite not having any hypomania/mania.

https://psycheducation.org/

It even mentions lithium. IIRC you said you were sub .8 in terms of the established bipolar  therapeutic levels of .8 - 1.2?

https://psycheducation.org/treatment/mood-stabilizers/the-big-three-for-bipolar-depression/lithium/

The doc behind the site was doing some SEO, hence the bipolar 2 thing that it's showing. If you read the content, it's definitely not a site about bipolar 2. He makes that clear in the diagnosis page.

I don't think I am either, nor do my pdoc/therapist, but the end goal for me is monotherapy with a mood stabilizer so i don't know what to think. Then again i've had these symptoms that the author lists as BP2

• Mood better than normal
  • Rapid speech
  • Dramatically reduced sleep
  • Racing thoughts, trouble concentrating
  • Continuous high energy

I'm probably subsyndromal in those categories or the duration/intensity isn't enough.

There is a for further research in the DSM which mentions MDD with short duration hypomania. I think i'm actually there despite not being an official recognized DX.

Edited by argh

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, argh said:

There's a school of thought of a "bipolar spectrum" which entails different flavors of depression, but are better treated with mood stabilizers/bp meds despite not having any hypomania/mania.

https://psycheducation.org/

It even mentions lithium. IIRC you said you were sub .8 in terms of the established bipolar  therapeutic levels of .8 - 1.2?

https://psycheducation.org/treatment/mood-stabilizers/the-big-three-for-bipolar-depression/lithium/

The doc behind the site was doing some SEO, hence the bipolar 2 thing that it's showing. If you read the content, it's definitely not a site about bipolar 2. He makes that clear in the diagnosis page.

I don't think I am either, nor do my pdoc/therapist, but the end goal for me is monotherapy with a mood stabilizer so i don't know what to think. Then again i've had these symptoms that the author lists as BP2

• Mood better than normal
  • Rapid speech
  • Dramatically reduced sleep
  • Racing thoughts, trouble concentrating
  • Continuous high energy

I'm probably subsyndromal in those categories or the duration/intensity isn't enough.

There is a for further research in the DSM which mentions MDD with short duration hypomania. I think i'm actually there despite not being an official recognized DX.

Yes I’m like 0.59 last testing. I hve read in the bipolar spectrum. See I haven’t had those symptoms. But some things I feel like you can state are things everyone has at times. Elevated mood. Variable there , there’s mania, then there’s just being happy or feeling really good one day. Everyone has that. Racing thoughts, trouble concentrating, could be anxiety.

so I dunno what to think but I don’t really have much symptoms to match up. I mean they do with something on that page. But anyone can match up with the symptoms on that page if they hve depression. I dunno. I have read that before. Is what it is.

Edited by looking for answers
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

Yes I’m like 0.59 last testing. I hve read in the bipolar spectrum. See I haven’t had those symptoms. But some things I feel like you can state are things everyone has at times. Elevated mood. Variable there , there’s mania, then there’s just being happy or feeling really good one day. Everyone has that. Racing thoughts, trouble concentrating, could be anxiety.

so I dunno what to think but I don’t really have much symptoms to match up

that's true, i think it's more in lines with perhaps an amount of those symptoms to a greater degree than what the situation calls for. Also for a BP DX, it comes down to having a cluster of symptoms at the same time, vs like just being elevated only, without the rest of that stuff.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, argh said:

that's true, i think it's more in lines with perhaps an amount of those symptoms to a greater degree than what the situation calls for. Also for a BP DX, it comes down to having a cluster of symptoms at the same time, vs like just being elevated only, without the rest of that stuff.

Right. I dunno I guess I can argue it both ways essentially. 

20 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

Right. I dunno I guess I can argue it both ways essentially. 

Agreed. Anyways I apologize for derailing the thread. Good luck in talking with your pdoc.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, argh said:

I guess the question should be, are you stable on these meds? If so do you feel overmedicated in terms of like being wired all the time or tired all the time? Or is it more along the lines of holy shit i'm taking a literal handful of pills everyday?

Exactly. I think it all comes down to this.  Take the fewest number of meds to achieve stability but you can't constrain this number to an arbitrary number. You have no control over having these conditions so why constrain treatment to anything less than stability. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, argh said:

Agreed. Anyways I apologize for derailing the thread. Good luck in talking with your pdoc.

nah, didnt derail things at all. All good points and discussion

19 minutes ago, notloki said:

Exactly. I think it all comes down to this.  Take the fewest number of meds to achieve stability but you can't constrain this number to an arbitrary number. You have no control over having these conditions so why constrain treatment to anything less than stability. 

i agree, but at a point, is it not reasonable to wonder if you can be stable, on something less?

6 hours ago, looking for answers said:

See that’s the the thing. I truly don’t believe I’m bipolar. I wasn’t having success with typical depression meds. So a 2nd opinion doc said u must be bipolar stop all ur meds cold turkey, start seroquel and go to an iop. There they didn’t do much. I asked for lithium as an adjunct for depression, it pulled me out of hell but didn’t fix things . Since then many meds added and changed. But the lithium stays because, I must be bipolar. Current pdoc will say I don’t think ur bipolar, therapist says she doesn’t think I’m bipolar. Then when I ask off of it he says wel you may go manic. I’ve NEVER been manic. They said once maybe my anxiety was my mania. I think I just had a terrible depressive episode, and it took getting creative to get out. I’m still not perfect. But zero bipolar signs.

Rant over. Anyways why would I up seroquel. That , klonopin, trazadone are all for sleep

Sounds like they're just guessing with you... :(

I was saying you would need to go up on the Seroquel to keep your mood stable, but if you don't think you're bipolar, then you could try just tapering off the lithium and keep the Seroquel as is.

51 minutes ago, mikl_pls said:

Sounds like they're just guessing with you... :(

I was saying you would need to go up on the Seroquel to keep your mood stable, but if you don't think you're bipolar, then you could try just tapering off the lithium and keep the Seroquel as is.

that  is what id like to do, at some point