CrazyBoards.org

I've gotten fairly good at compartmentalizing the past two and a half years, while I do the things I can do to make things different. But these stories this week are getting to me and again I am ashamed to be an American. Just know, those of you in other countries, that most of us are completely disgusted by what's happening.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/four-severely-ill-migrant-babies-hospitalized-after-lawyers-visited-border-patrol-facility_n_5d0d3bbce4b07ae90d9cfe4f?fbclid=IwAR2TCHbyQBvWRxdz2IesbiX9gGM73RowbxH4WLi0IhxinIc8sKPyWQJ3p7o

It is beyond horrifying. How can this still be happening? Why can't anything be done?? Its a nightmare to read any news in the US anymore.

• Like 3

If most of us are ashamed of what is happening why does Trump have a ~40% approval rating ?

55 minutes ago, notloki said:

If most of us are ashamed of what is happening why does Trump have a ~40% approval rating ?

The majority of us, I should have said. I take some small degree of comfort in that. But certainly a big percentage of the country is morally vacant.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Unstrung Harp said:

The majority of us, I should have said. I take some small degree of comfort in that. But certainly a big percentage of the country is morally vacant.

What sickens me is when I see so-called "Christians" defending this crap. I see a lot of "Christians" on Facebook in lock step with Trump including, unfortunately, some in my own family.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/22/2019 at 5:48 PM, Unstrung Harp said:

This is a disgrace.......A new low for America......This article should be on the front page of every newspaper in the U.S.,  to let everyone know.

I am ashamed, very ashamed,  of my own country :(.......

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Edited to add tw: child abuse

https://slate.trib.al/ZKSpUDh

“The children told us that nobody’s taking care of them, so that basically the older children are trying to take care of the younger children. The guards are asking the younger children or the older children, “Who wants to take care of this little boy? Who wants to take of this little girl?” and they’ll bring in a two-year-old, a three-year-old, a four-year-old. And then the littlest kids are expected to be taken care of by the older kids, but then some of the oldest children lose interest in it, and little children get handed off to other children. And sometimes we hear about the littlest children being alone by themselves on the floor.”

And Texas Republican Michael Burgess says, “You know what? There’s not a lock on the door. Any child is free to leave at any time, but they don’t. You know why? Because they are well taken care of.”

So apparently two-year-olds are responsible for their own incarceration and ill-treatment. 

Edited by Unstrung Harp
  • Confused 1