CrazyBoards.org

On 7/6/2019 at 2:16 AM, Wonderful.Cheese said:

Is Seroquel any better than olanzapine? Do I just stop olanzapine? I've been on it for 2 months, 10 mg only. Weight loss. Labs were all just fine.

Clozapine paradoxically increased my WBC and caused severe drooling that impacted my CPAP machine and caused weight gain and more. I gave it 6 months. I even took a high dose of a med that supposedly helped reduce the drooling. Plus cost. Lab work and weekly fills and the drooling med. It wasn't doable for me.

I feel like I have no options. I hate being treatment resistant.

Seroquel is an interesting drug. It's the "softest" one meaning it has the least dodgy side effects, but it WILL make you VERY drowsy - probably! Ironically, it is the atypical antipsychotic closest to Clozapine out of the rest.

43 minutes ago, the maze runner said:

would it make sense to take olanzapine and clozapine both together?

somehow olanzapine works as a stimulant in my system.

But the combo might have synergistic efffects and you could open yourself up to magnified shared side effects like sedation, fogginess and weight/metabolic issues 

I have news. Olanzapine works like crack cocaine in my system. I don't know why but it does. as far as i know this kind of paradoxical reaction is unheard of in the psychiatric world. Does anybody have any info on this. I was visiting drugs.com the other day and one user reported that olanzapine made his/her psychosis 'much worse'. How is this possible? It also enables me to think more clearly.

One user says this at drugs.com

"This medicine literally makes you zero IQ. I'd rather take Risperidone which ruins my libido than having zero IQ."

How is this possible when I can take it and literally fly through interviews the answers come so naturally to me. It gives me a cognitive boost.

7 hours ago, the maze runner said:

One user says this at drugs.com

"This medicine literally makes you zero IQ. I'd rather take Risperidone which ruins my libido than having zero IQ."

How is this possible when I can take it and literally fly through interviews the answers come so naturally to me. It gives me a cognitive boost.

Because everyone has a different reaction to Zyprexa. Just pay attention to what it is doing for your, which is positive. 

• Like 1