CrazyBoards.org

For those on the schizophrenia spectrum, have you ever been asked by a therapist if your hallucination was actually your subconscious talking to you? That's what my therapist said to me on Monday and I find myself upset by it. It really made me feel like I can't talk about psychotic symptoms with anyone. Made me feel like he isn't taking me seriously.

• Like 1

I have heard other things, not that one. I had delusions because I was lonely or did not want to make my own decisions.  

I don’t even know what your tdoc means.  Your subconscious is not a voice.  

I understand what you are saying. Who can you trust?  Keep telling your pdoc what is going on.  Maybe mention what your tdoc said.

i am sorry you experienced that. Just don’t let your tdoc ignorance affect the rest of your treatment.

@confused
 Thank you for responding. Yeah the way he said it seemed like in a joking manner (not sure if he meant it that way, just I interpreted it that way) and I don't really know what he meant by it. I do feel comfortable sharing with my psych nurse practitioner, I don't see her until the 28th though.

• Like 1

What a weird thing to say. What does that even mean?

6 hours ago, kittyloaf said:

@confused
 Thank you for responding. Yeah the way he said it seemed like in a joking manner (not sure if he meant it that way, just I interpreted it that way) and I don't really know what he meant by it. I do feel comfortable sharing with my psych nurse practitioner, I don't see her until the 28th though.

Seems like either a bad joke or a lapse in understanding what they are talking about