CrazyBoards.org

I just wanted to recommend Belsomra 20mg to anyone suffering from insomnia. Been taking it for a week, hasn't lost its effectiveness, and it has the most natural falling asleep feel. My co-pay with the manufacturer's coupon is $30.01, I highly recommend trying it. There's so many bad reviews for it but it might just really work for you!

1 hour ago, DammitJanet said:

Ya it really helped me sleep amazingly...but damn it depressed the shit out of me around the two week mark. Ah well. 

I've never tried it, but depression is actually listed as a potential side effect.

It's hit or miss for me, works about 50% of the time. I like it though because it's the only drug that actually helps me with sleep. No other sleep meds really do it for me (unless I take some meds off-label for insomnia, in which case some of them work too well, making me sleep 15+ hours...).

• Like 1
6 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

I've never tried it, but depression is actually listed as a potential side effect.

I really think you should try it. Ask your pdoc for some samples, I switched over after being fed up with the trazodone hangover and general drugged feeling while going to bed. It has been a blessing, especially since z-drugs do NOT work for me.

10 hours ago, l'appel du vide said:

I really think you should try it. Ask your pdoc for some samples, I switched over after being fed up with the trazodone hangover and general drugged feeling while going to bed. It has been a blessing, especially since z-drugs do NOT work for me.

Unfortunately, my insurance doesn't cover Belsomra......Trazodone seems to work pretty well for me currently.

If you have commercial insurance there is a coupon that takes Belsomra to no more than $30. They will pay up to total of $6,000 then you are on your own.

Edited by notloki
add "to"
  • Thanks 1
On 7/20/2019 at 9:42 AM, notloki said:

I like it because it does not use GABA pathways (benzos and Z-meds) so it can be stacked on those without additive effects. 

This is also why I love it. Ambien and other z-drugs do not work for me because of what I suspect to be a cross-tolerance with my daily Klonopin. Trazodone makes me feel drugged up, and doesn't work sometimes and if it does I have a hangover. Belsomra has still been amazing, some nights I don't even need it! Why do all the medications that work so well have to be name brand 😕 Sigh.

• 1 year later...

I have to agree with OP. I get ridiculous nightmares with ambien, and benzos worked for sleep, but otherwise fucked me up (started forgetting important shit). Belsomra is super freaking expensive because it's new, but hopefully generic will be available soon. It helps me fall asleep, stay asleep, and not feel like crap when I wake up.

• 3 months later...

I've been meaning to mention this here for a long time. I've taken Belsomra since 2015. It does work, and I never got tolerance to it like I got with Ambien after a couple of years. It doesn't make me sleep as soundly as Ambien or benzos, but I also read somewhere that the the sleep is more natural. I'll take what I can get. What I wanted to say here is that it affected my dreams in a weird way: My dreams are now full of people. I'm not prone to nightmares, and Belsomra never gave me nightmares. What I used to dream about was wandering around in weird places and alien landscapes, every so often meeting someone I know. Under Belsomra, my dreams are crowd scenes. I still meet people I know now and then. However, there are all these unknown people just walking around everywhere I look. It doesn't bother me. None of my dream books (which are mostly worthless, BTW) mention crowds of people who don't talk or interact with you in any way. This isn't a problem. I'm just checking to see if Belsomra affected anyone else that way. The change was very quick, within a couple of days of starting the med.