CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
hopelessromantic

Floating petri dish AKA cruise vacation coming up

Friends/family along with the 3 that are going on the cruise with me think I am overthinking this.

I have asked for prayers that the ship will not sink or run into bad weather. Also prayers for: no type of norovirus or food poisoning, no seasickness, no sunburns or migraines from bunkmate, no dehydration issues, no overindulgence in alcohol that results in stomach sickness ( I don't drink so this applies to bunkmates ). With the recent news with D.R. tourists I pray for no tainted alcohol. No injuries or illnesses since we could not get the insurance. And I don't want my anxieties over screaming unruly kids running around the ship to make me go batshit crazy. 

I plan on taking those disposable gloves and wearing them. I refuse to touch utensils at the buffets. I will only eat omelette eggs or things like pancakes (now that I have a slow digestive tract I doubt I will be eating much of anything) .  Probably just bottled water to drink. I have to have somewhat of a normal routine and this being my first cruise I do not know what to expect. 

Carnival ship, mid-August to Bahamas. 

Is it possible for me to relax and actually enjoy this vacation? Would love advice, thanks . . . . . . . 

• Like 3

I don’t really have much advice. I personally prefer sanitizing wipes individually packaged for travel, to wipe things plus my hands, vs gels (and gloves). That’s just me, I don’t see others doing it. I admit I’m not much of a traveler, but I’ve wanted to go to specific important events lately so had to travel to do that. Is this something you want to do?  I hope you can enjoy it. How some people travel every week I do not know, but I guess it’s a matter of figuring what you can control and sticking to that. Again, hope it works out.