CrazyBoards.org

An Important Message for Our Members

With heavy heart we must report to you the passing of Moderator jt07, on July 16, 2019. He was 53. The authorities have not established an official cause of death, but from his final post with us on that day, we know that he was suffering from the high heat where he lived. We can only speculate whether that may have contributed to our loss of his wit, wisdom, knowledge and compassion he shared with all of us daily in spite of his own battle with MI. From that, at least, he is now free.

Here at Crazyboards, we have cause to think about the potential end of life a little too often. When, on occasion, it comes, we understand the sense of loss and the difficult emotions you may feel, especially when it seems like one of us has lost a battle to the thing we’re all fighting. But there’s no reason to believe that is what happened here. Instead, our friend and colleague went out fighting the good fight, and was here among us on the boards posting on his last day. it is a fight worth celebrating, even while we mourn our loss. 

We will shortly be coordinating a means for the members of the Crazyboards community to share their thoughts and express their feelings, and to provide notes that we will gather and send together as a group in a discreet way to his family to honor him and recognize the impact he had on so many lives here. We ask that in consideration of the family, and out of respect for its privacy, that you assist us with this group effort rather than making individual communications.

We will update you all shortly as more information becomes available. Please bear with us during this difficult time. We appreciate your patience and continued support.

The Crazyboards Moderating Team

• Sad 10

Posted (edited)

Dear @jt07,

I hope you’re enjoying all of the peace, love, and freedom from all of the  plights you were enduring with dignity and grace. 

I didn’t think you liked me for the first few months I was here, but it turned out that you were the one that had all of the perfect words at the perfect time and made me feel like I was worthy here.

You probably would have scoffed if I told you how much you helped me a few times...but you saved me, twice. I ended up hospitalized, instead of gone. 

I will never, ever forget you and everything you did for everyone and what a wonderful impact you had on all of us. 

I hope to meet up with you again someday, under better circumstances and with health, peaceful  minds...I only hope I can reach the karma level you did to achieve the wondrous better existence you are surely going to receive.

Love,

Kim 

Edited by DammitJanet
  • Like 2

thank you for sharing this with us, gear. i don't know what to say.

i really looked up to him, in that strange way you do to people you only know as avatars and screen names. i'm not sure i can articulate why, but there was something about him that reassured me that the future would be okay.

i don't know what the universe does with life force when it departs. but wherever his is now, i hope it's quiet, cool, and peaceful.

• Like 1

Thank you Gear.

@jt07, CB will not be the same without you. :raincloud:

I don't have words.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

He made me wish I knew Russian. 

RIP.

Edited by Rabbit37

@jt07 you will be missed. May you RIP. I wish I could tell you, how you have brought comfort, compassion, and great advice to me in my times of need. You truly made a difference in my life. For that I am eternally grateful.

• Like 1

My deepest condolences and my heart goes out to @jt07 and family. I don't know if I have any more words than that. I feel an emptiness in my heart upon learning about this. But I know I'm going to miss him. Again, much love to him and his family. ❤️❤️❤️ 

So sad. Jt was consistently kind and reasonable to me, always welcomed me back when I was gone for long periods, and was once especially kind to me at a time when I wasn’t feeling that kindness from others. I’m sad that jt did not have the opportunity to move to the better climate he hoped for, and that his last days were spent in the heat he hated so much. Rest well, jt. We’ll miss you.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Deeply saddened and devastated to hear the news….

Jt07 has been part of the dedicated CB “glue” supporting and welcoming this community for a decade. He has always been here, everyday, helping other individuals who have no one to turn to in life.

I wish I could tell him how much comfort, reassurance and great advice he gave to me in my worst times. I found him to be very wise, level-headed, kind and humble. I’m sure he suffered more than he expressed here.

Rest in peace jt07. He was not just an online stranger, he was truly a friend and I’m most grateful for his calm, compassionate presence. He will be greatly missed.

Edited by Blahblah
  • Like 1

Dear Jt. Your presence will be greatly missed around here. I am very saddened to hear this terrible news. I am in shock. I can't believe this. It's so hard to hear when a dear member of our tribe is no longer with us. RIP you wonderful soul. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Dear JT,

You will be very much missed here......When I joined CB, you were the first one to greet me......Your wise advice and help have meant so much to me during my time here......I know you suffered, but you fought the good fight and never gave up. You were so helpful to the many who have passed through CB.

I am devastated to hear that you have departed from us, but you will always be remembered ......I take a little bit of comfort knowing that you are at peace now, with no more pain.

Rest in endless peace, beautiful soul.

From your friend,  CrazyRedhead

Edited by CrazyRedhead
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I can remember many a night in chat with @jt07,  It is sad to hear he is no longer with us, 

RIP. 

Edited by helenllama
  • Like 1

He was always so encouraging and thoughtful and supportive..

Someone you could look to for advice..

I always appreciated his words..

He will be missed..

It saddens me to see one of us have to leave life behind..

But there is probably a peaceful place to rest when you get there..

• Like 1

jt was a wonderful part of CB...I always enjoyed seeing what he had to say, and his wisdom.  I'm heartbroken to hear this.  He is gone too soon.  May he RIP.

Part of what made jt07 such an effective Moderator here on CB was that his experience, compassion, wisdom and imagination combined seemed to enable him to help the people he talked with anticipate a better life in the future than the one they experience in the present - he could make that step forward in hope, and bring us with him. Now he has made a step forward to the place where we all must go, every one of us, in time. That he has gone ahead, as usual, might give us some comfort, knowing that wherever he was, was a place we wanted to be. Do not mourn for him, free and whole and fulfilled; and only briefly for ourselves, for we were blessed with him, and carry his blessing still, and the challenge to share the example he set with one another.

• Like 9