CrazyBoards.org

I've been doing really well lately on my latest cocktail, but when pms comes around, I feel horrible.  I get really moody, a bit suicidal, just really dramatic.  I feel really bad.  Im going to mention it to my pdoc at my next appt, but is there really anything he can do?  Especially since my cycle is so messed up?  Anyone else here go through this?

I go through this withoout any MI meds. I complained for years to different doctors and get a big shrug. If I was younger I would start getting those shots that make your period stop all together. At this point I am just making time till menapause (should be about 8 more years of this crap!)

For the past few months I spent the entire week of the "curse" on the couch, with the heating pad, under a pile of blankets wanting to die.

I was reading about a potential link between PMDD and bipolar and there is alot of evidence showing a correlation.  I plan to discuss it with my soon to come pdoc.

This topic is a real sore spot for me (pardon the unintended pun). For YEARS female gynos have been taking the pill and skipping most of their periods. It is only LAST YEAR that they started making a pill specifically so you don't have to bleed to death every month.

And who decides when heavy bleeding is a problem? I think it is a problem if you can't leave the house for 2 days every period because if you sneeze, you do accidentally do a reinactment of the prom scene from the movie Carrie....yet somehow the doctors don't think this is an issue.

It took my mom 6 years of bitching to get the doctors to give her a hystorectomy. Same thing with one of my girlfriends. Now, nobody in their right mind asks for a hystorectomy UNLESS THERE IS A BIG PROBLEM. Turns out my mom had all kinds of issues they couldn't detect until they finally pulled everything out. Same with the girlfriend. (Anyone ever hear of Vericous Veins on your uterus? ACK!)

Anyway...it IS that time of the month. I am washing all the sheets and blankets AGAIN. I want everyone to die and a comet to hit the planet. I also know this feeling is totally hormonal and it will be gone tomorrow. I just have to stay away from friends so they wont hate me. I have eaten a handfull of Advil so at least I am not rolling on the floor moaning. @#(*!)_(@!)(@

I told my husband it was his turn to be the girl for a while. For some reason he isn't going for it.

try adding calcium into your handful of advil, for some women it short circuits cramps (works for me & a friend)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm going to test that out next month.  I can't take another week off work.  I have been warned. ;)

me too.

efexor made/kes it worse... ;)

I take calcium, magnesium and evening primrose oil...and lots of ibuprofen when the time comes.....

I verge on psychosis premenstrually....luckily last time it happened in therapy and we could explore it.....and cry....

Come to think of it, I think it WAS better on Remeron.  Figures, the one thing that actually helps my anxiety fucks up my hormones.  Well, I will see what adding a mood stabolizer does.  My hormones are definitely out of whack these days.  I have terrible cystic acne on my chin all month now, not just one or two honkers just before the bloody curse.

Archived