Jump to content
CrazyBoards.org

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, argh said:

You're also on what is supposedly the most weight neutral AAP of them all.

Remeron might throw you into mania/mixed state. Maybe try seroquel at night to put you down? Has the extra benefit (in this case) of making you eat more.

I tried Remeron in combination with Seroquel before at 15 and 30mg for the prior and 100 through 800mg of the latter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, looking for answers said:

Got ya. What about weight gainer shakes. Some can have 3000 calories a shake?

Yea something like Serious Mass ? I've tried that before butt wasn't consistent with drinking the shakes 2-3x a day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mmaryland said:

Yea something like Serious Mass ? I've tried that before butt wasn't consistent with drinking the shakes 2-3x a day

Yeah, exactly. There’s obviously a lot of them out there. Depends how many calories you want. But search around you can find a lot of online deals, and bulk suppliers for powders a lot cheaper than gnc.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, looking for answers said:

Yeah, exactly. There’s obviously a lot of them out there. Depends how many calories you want. But search around you can find a lot of online deals, and bulk suppliers for powders a lot cheaper than gnc.  

YEA I use  Rakuten which gives me 10% cash back and then another 10% back from gnc.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mmaryland said:

Also been having heart rates above 130-170 beats per minute, could any of my meds be causing that?

That could easily be the Zenzedi, but I'm personally on 60 mg Dexedrine and my heart rate stays in the 70-ish BPM area. Before I got on a beta-blocker, it would occasionally go up to 90-ish BPM, but that was only on rare occasions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mikl_pls said:

That could easily be the Zenzedi, but I'm personally on 60 mg Dexedrine and my heart rate stays in the 70-ish BPM area. Before I got on a beta-blocker, it would occasionally go up to 90-ish BPM, but that was only on rare occasions.

Thing is, I am on 1.5mg of Clonidine and 2mg of Guanfacine daily. These must be weak as they don't lower my HR. Is propranolol a good beta-blocker or do you think my cardiologist would give me something stronger? I used to be on 180mg of dextroampehtamine daily but due to recentt mania my shrink reduced my stims by more than half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, mmaryland said:

Thing is, I am on 1.5mg of Clonidine and 2mg of Guanfacine daily. These must be weak as they don't lower my HR. Is propranolol a good beta-blocker or do you think my cardiologist would give me something stronger? I used to be on 180mg of dextroampehtamine daily but due to recentt mania my shrink reduced my stims by more than half.

Jeez, you're on both clonidine and guanfacine? Wow... And those are high doses of both meds. You will have to come off of them gradually so you don't have hypertensive crisis (that is if you need to come off of them).

I'm not sure those medicines are so great at lowering heart rate, though I could be wrong. Beta-blockers are usually the go-to meds for that (there are other classes of cardio meds that do that too though I think). Propranolol is a good one, but beta-blockers, and particularly propranolol, suppresses T4 to T3 metabolism. I don't know how clinically significant that would be though. I was on 160 mg propranolol and it didn't seem to throw off my thyroid hormones. Nadolol was particularly effective at lowering my heart rate at just 20 mg, probably too effective, really. Unless you have essential tremor or something like that, and especially if you have asthma or COPD, you might want to go for a cardioselective beta-blocker, meaning it selectively blocks the β1 receptor instead of both it and the β2 receptors. These would include acebutolol (which has intrinsic sympathomimetic activity, or low intrinsic activity partial agonism), bisoprolol, metoprolol, atenolol, nebivolol, etc. Beta-blockers with ISA are good for people with asthma or those who are susceptible to bradycardia under treatment of beta-blockers. High doses of selective beta-blockers, though, will become non-selective (just a fun fact).

That is a ton of dextroamphetamine, and sometimes I feel I need about that much myself... lol. That's quite a lot to reduce your stimulant by. Did you have any side effects from reducing it that much at once?

Edited by mikl_pls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

.

Edited by argh
wrong thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how much do you want to gain? i mean, at 5'6" and 135 lbs you are within normal parameters. are you trying to rather increase your appetite rather than gain weight? from reading through your posts it sounds as if you have little to no appetite, save for fruit, and this is distressing to you. also, you mentioned that you recently got out of rehab. do you think that the residual effects of withdrawing off whatever substance you were addicted to are having an effect on your appetite?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...