CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Simba Cub

Fisher Wallace Stimulator

Anyone used one of these? They seem pretty pricy, but given a long term view of treatment, probably works out very cheaply. Meant to have good reviews ("relaxed yet alert") but you can't always believe what you read!

I haven't but I think I have looked at this before! If I recall correctly I can't order one in NZ but I'm not sure. 

My dad used to say "if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is". I guess I have him to thank for my skeptical nature haha. 

Are they shown to be helpful in clinical depression? Or is it mostly people who have an episode in response to a life event? 

Sorry my post isn't very helpful! I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has tried one. I wonder if it would adversely affect you if used in combination with medications? 

As it stands it s the next step in my treatment. I'm at full dose of an MAOI antidepressant, a high dose of Clozapine, a high dose of Trifuloperazine, a VERY high dose of a mood stabiliser, even beta blockers.

So yeah, a lot of meds.

Additionally I am given maintenance sessions of rTMS. So, as there is little wiggle room for medication increases, this may be an interesting answer.

I've looked at these units for myself but always end up having other things to spend that money on.  Although it looks too good to be true, there's been ongoing research on the effects of trans-cranial magnetic stimulation for years that suggests it might help in some cases.  Considering that I'm at the end of what I can really try for treatment to help with motivation and focus, I'm sure I'lll be buying one in the next six months or so myself.

• Like 1