CrazyBoards.org

I am almost to five days of my most recent quit attempt. I am having a lot fo trouble functioning. My time sense is way off. Today is pretty bad, I ve slept half the day, sleeping one hour, wake an hour, back and forth like that. I'm not really tired, it s just when I'm sleeping I dont feel quite as horrible. I can't read , concentrate, focus. I am barely manageing to take care of the basic household tasks. Does tis get better?Anyone successfully quit smoking,and gone back to feeling some semblance of "normal"?

Posted (edited)

Are you using any nicotine replacement to help. like gum, patches, vape, etc.?........Nicotine replacement seems to help a lot of people when they are in the process of quitting......How many times have you tried to quit?

1 hour ago, tiredg said:

I am almost to five days of my most recent quit attempt. I am having a lot fo trouble functioning. 

Edited by CrazyRedhead

After several fails using gun, inhalers, and some other substitutes for nicotine I tried Chantix even though it has warnings for people who have mental illness, my generalist said "Do you want to die of cigs or something else ?" I knew what the end of long term smoking looked like, my dad.I took care of him his last few months. Not pretty.

chantix caused psychotic relapse for me

patches made me smoke more

i never tried welbutrin

i switched to vaping in 2013. Something was still off. Really fucked my moods over. In 2014  I started vaping with Whole Tobacco Alkaloids eliquid, which contains the 5 minor alkaloids anabasine, nornicotine, anatabine, cotinine and myosmine in their naturally occurring ratios. This helped with brain fog, mood etc.

There is only a few vendors. Omvapors, aroma, mother's milk, umbavape, liquid leaf. And it is more expensive than regular nicotine only eliquid, but worth it for me. YMMV of course.

You can look up "minor alkaloids tobacco" in journals for effect on brain. Although the studies are limited, and often on rats.

Swedish snus is another option. Avoid the American stuff, that has higher TSNA levels. Import from sweden, or denmark. buysnus, snus24 etc for websites. This is a very good minor alkaloid source. But tends more to peaks and valleys of blood levels than vaping

I switched to vaping too. Nicotine isn't especially harmful, it's all the other shit you get from smoking which does the damage. I haven't smoked a cigarette since... well yesterday, but I didn't need it, I was just curious how it would feel. Not going back to the fags. Erm, fag means cigarette in the Queen's English. I know it has a different meaning to you savages in the colonies but in merry old England a fag is something you put in your mouth and suck on until it's spent, unlike... well I could've phrased that better I suppose, though I obviously said that deliberately. It's the same on both sides of the pond anyway. If you like fags you put them in your mouth and enjoy the sensation. One of them gives you cancer and the other you can have some fun with if that's your thing. Not my thing. Some people say being gay is a lifestyle choice. I don't remember sitting down and weighing up the pros and cons of being gay or straight. Fucking stupid idea. There have always been gay people, even when that 'lifestyle choice' might've lead to persecution or death. Well I've got way off topic. Vape or go gay is what I think I was trying to say though I can't remember.

• Like 1

I found patches and gum useful. I’d combine them. That said I’m smoking again now but have stopped many times with nicotine replacement therapy, chantix, zyban and vape. Chantix is pretty effective but can worsen mental health. I had to stop it.