CrazyBoards.org

I’m starting this thread so that anyone who wants to leave a message or a memory of jt can do it here. I’m going to collect them and send them along to his family.

I’ll go first.

jt, you were my rock. You kept an eye on all of us. I bet there weren’t ten days in the last five years that I logged on and didn’t find some touch of you somewhere. And now, I look around for you, I look on all your favorite threads, and you aren’t there, and I start to cry, and out loud I say “I need jt back. Did you hear me, universe? I need him. You did it wrong. Fix it.”

I miss you so much. I always will.

Laura

• Like 4

Dear jt,

You will be very much missed here......When I joined CB, you were the first one to greet me......Your wise advice and help have meant so much to me during my time here......I know you suffered, but you fought the good fight and never gave up. You were so helpful to the many who have passed through CB.

I was devastated to hear that you have departed from us, but you will always be remembered ......I take a little bit of comfort knowing that you are at peace now, with no more pain.

Rest in endless peace, beautiful soul.

From your dear friend,  Kellie

jt struggled like us all but that never stopped him from reaching out and offering advice even though it was obvious he too was suffering. He was a genuinely caring person and crazyboards certainly won't be the same without him. 

May he rest in peace now.

Joyce

• Like 1

JT-

I miss you. I miss you in the small things from the thought out responses to commiserating about the hate of heat. I miss you in the big things from moderation decisions to spending time in chat. I miss your checking in on the site almost daily. Like Gearhead, I look up at the sky and declare the universe did the wrong thing by taking you from us. I've been on CB for almost 10 years and I see the positive mark you left for us here. Whether it was checking in by logging into chat (even if you didn't have much to say), or leaving comments, or asking about other mods and members, you made a difference. 

I want you back, but I'll take some small comforts in knowing you won't be forgotten. Wherever you are, rest easy and may there be no more heat for you to hate.

-Joe

Dear jt,

I miss your presence here. You were usually the first to welcome a new member. You always gave sound and wise and insightful advice.

I remember your dislike of the summer heat but your love of many other things such as certain hobbies you used to talk about in your blog a while back. It was always fun to hear you talk about things so passionately!

You have given me good and very smart advice over the years and I will cherish that and carry that with me. Thank you for always being around. You will be missed terribly around here. But your wisdom and words will live on for us and other newcomers here. RIP.

Dear jt07,

I still feel a void... Your daily presence here will be greatly missed, from the more serious crisis interventions, to the everyday chit-chat about weather, word associations & whatnot. You’ve been the CB “glue” welcoming us for a decade (10 years + 22,000 posts!) supporting this community. Helping create a safe space. That’s dedication. As many of us have no one to turn to, CB is a much needed haven.

You’ve brought me much comfort, reassurance and kind advice throughout the nearly 3 years I’ve been here. Encouragement I don’t find in real life. You were wise, level-headed and humble.

Despite your own suffering and struggles, you always showed up. You managed to listen & give to others…

You HAVE left a positive mark.

Rest in peace jt07. You were a friend and I am grateful for your compassion. I know you are calm, cool and at peace now.

Posted (edited)

Dear jt, 

I was really sad to hear of your passing, especially knowing that you had had a difficult year with the broken knee, and never got a chance to go to New Mexico. You've been ever-present around here since I came in 2012, always welcomed me back enthusiastically after long absences, and gave some really good advice. You were kind to me about a delicate situation that other people were judgmental about, giving me solid advice while expressing concern for my well being, and I always really appreciated that. I enjoyed your subtle sense of humor, and the way that your head seemed to almost explode in the face of anything scientifically irrational. You were kind, and gave solid advice, and if you were quiet and hadn't posted I often looked to see if you were logged in, because your presence here was comforting, and I always noticed when you weren't around. I'd sad that you're no longer with us. I keep waiting for you to pop in with some solid advice or a friendly welcome to a newcomer. I hope wherever you are that it is good, the people are scientifically rational, and the weather is balmy. 

Missing you,

K

Edited by Unstrung Harp

Posted (edited)

Jt, my grief for you is not waning. I’m having incredible stressors but you keep popping up everyday in many places here. You are such a special, special spirit. You knew exactly what to say...and in my last pm to you, you told me to never hesitate to contact you if needed.

Your incredible discomfort at the end is what haunts me so badly. You said you were having a hard time breathing in the heat...at least somewhat close to that...I asked you to ask your doc to prescribe oxygen for you and it makes me so sad that that didn’t happen soon enough. 

I personally believe in rebirth in whatever form...with your next life reflecting karma created in the past. I have the utmost faith that you will be greatly rewarded from the enormous good you did in this life. The suffering you carried with you courageously and with dignity is something we all admired  

You deserve everything that is coming to you and I only hope I can meet up with you again one day. Somehow. Anywhere. Any way. 

I miss you so much. 

Love,

Kimberley

Edited by DammitJanet
  • Like 1

jt, I feel your loss keenly.  You left your mark on the boards and your footprint on my heart.  You will always be missed, and never forgotten.

Lisa

• Like 1

jt,

it amazes me how powerfulan impact you've had on me given that we never met in the world outside of crazyboards.  I get reminders of you in some of the daily posts.  But more significantly for me, I remember some of the crisis intervention work you did.  There are many people--myself included--who made it to the necessary level of care in part because of your help.  You offered this blend of compassion, understanding, and wisdom.  It's hard to put into words.

My heart mourns and my soul cries.

-Amy

jt, I thank you for taking the time to share your insights with me.  I appreciate the knowledge you imparted to me and the way you helped to make me feel comfortable on CB.  You are missed.

jt's kind, wise words are embedded into the very bedrock of the boards. we were so incredibly lucky to have such a loyal and thoughtful person to help guide us for so long. talking to him always made me feel like a welcome part of the community. he had a reassuring aura around him that always made me feel hopeful that tomorrow would be a good day.

there's a hole here that nobody else will be able to fill. the absolute absence of his presence astounds me. it seems absurd that the world should continue to turn without him.

jt once said that one of his greatest comforts was knowing that even when humanity has vanished, the earth will continue on without us. i think he would be pleased to hear that our lives are continuing, that autumn approaches yet again, that the tide still comes in and out, that we have plans for tomorrow and the day after that. and yet, i am still blown away that all this will happen without him.

may he rest peacefully and feel no burden on his shoulders. i'm thankful we met. i miss him terribly.

echo

thanks, jt, for sharing your compassion and wisdom and helping to create community. ❤️