CrazyBoards.org
Simba Cub

You know what would suck?

My sister was walking with a friend once on a down escalator, and the friend apparently leaned over the side a little, and ended up falling onto the escalator going up, and my sister looked around and her friend was just spontaneously gone. It took her a few minutes of looking to discover him on the next floor up seriously injured. He had indeed fallen down an up escalator😕

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Unstrung Harp said:

My sister was walking with a friend once on a down escalator, and the friend apparently leaned over the side a little, and ended up falling onto the escalator going up, and my sister looked around and her friend was just spontaneously gone. It took her a few minutes of looking to discover him on the next floor up seriously injured. He had indeed fallen down an up escalator😕

And here I worried about the germs on the handrail, and that video of a lady that gets devoured by a malfunctioning escalator, but at least she saves her child.

Edited by onsenseal

This is an existential quandary with which I am not currently capable of dealing.

Not to blow my own horn too much, but I can run up a down escalator in a skirt and heels. Fight the Power!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gearhead said:

This is an existential quandary with which I am not currently capable of dealing.

Not to blow my own horn too much, but I can run up a down escalator in a skirt and heels. Fight the Power!

Impressive. You might want to avoid maxi skirts though. My niece almost got pantsed (skirted?) on an escalator when her maxiskirt got caught, and only the quick thinking of a passerby who pushed the emergency button stopped it before she was standing there in her underwear. She just stood there yelling "Oh my god, what is happening?!" That's it. That's all I have for escalator cautionary tales.

• Like 1

I fell down a downhill escalator, while preggo!

No serious injuries, but jc my life flashed before my eyes. 

@Unstrung Harp, I avoid maxi skirts instinctively, because I’m short, and on the rack they usually look as long as I am tall. They seem kinda predatory.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Gearhead said:

@Unstrung Harp, I avoid maxi skirts instinctively, because I’m short, and on the rack they usually look as long as I am tall. They seem kinda predatory.

I’m over 6 feet tall so they’re all I can wear!

well, considering my fugly legs since gastric bypass. 

Edited by DammitJanet

On 8/13/2019 at 9:10 AM, DammitJanet said:

I fell down a downhill escalator, while preggo!

No serious injuries, but jc my life flashed before my eyes. 

Holy shit. I fainted in my third trimester (so fell over) and it was the most terrifying thing that ever happened to me. Glad you were okay!!

Yikes! Glad you’re ok too!

Just now, Melancholya said:

Holy shit. I fainted in my third trimester (so fell over) and it was the most terrifying thing that ever happened to me. Glad you were okay!!

• Like 1