CrazyBoards.org

My doc has upped my clozapine from 50mg to 100mg now. I frequently take 25mg in the morning and feel on top of the world. This has been going on for the past week or more. However, lately I notice that I am not experiencing the same feel good feelings with the 25mg morning dose so I just wanted to ask if this is usual. Do the initial effects go away or stay?

How much do I have to increase it to feel good all the time. My doc says that this is the best medicine to make me ok again.

4 minutes ago, the maze runner said:

My doc has upped my clozapine from 50mg to 100mg now. I frequently take 25mg in the morning and feel on top of the world. This has been going on for the past week or more. However, lately I notice that I am not experiencing the same feel good feelings with the 25mg morning dose so I just wanted to ask if this is usual. Do the initial effects go away or stay?

How much do I have to increase it to feel good all the time. My doc says that this is the best medicine to make me ok again.

Clozaril is the slowest ap, unfortunately it can take weeks or even longer to get it nailed down 

wow that's news to me. it has been approx 1.5months and i feel way way better. but just wondering if i could feel better still. 100mg is a low dose don't you think. my doc has said that he wants me to go up to 250mg.

My doc does it by blood level- for me 150 is pretty good; but I’ve been up way above that. I would just warn to go really slow when going for a “target dose” because the sedation can be a bit delayed and you don’t want to overshoot your optimal dose 

• Like 1

300mg/day works well for me. I have been up to 500mg/day and just had more side effects. My clozapine blood range is in perfect range on 300mg/day.