CrazyBoards.org

This combo makes me sleep all the time and I'm lethargic. I'm titrating off Zoloft on my own accord. Do you think this will help? Does Lamictal alone make anyone sleepy? Maybe it's just me being lazy, but I sleep an awful lot and nothing gets done.

On the other hand, I feel more calm, don't think I've ever felt this way.

Guest Llamanator

The lack of Zoloft might help, it might not. Depends on whether it makes you sleepy or it wakes you up. The sleepiness might let up over time, or you might have to learn to work around it, or adjust doses. Either way, you need to tell your doctor. Don't Mess With Meds Without at Least Informing Your Doc.

Lamictal alone turned out to make me really lethargic, sleepy, and achy while having me tend manic, so it was an odd combo.

I don't think it's lazy so much as getting genuinely fatigued by doing simple activities and feeling like you need sleep to get the energy back. That's my experience, at least.

Mimi

This is exactly how I'm feeling.  I'm only on my third week of Lamictal (starter party pack) and taking the Zoloft and Lamictal at the same time, I end up feeling exhausted about 2 hours after.

I wonder if taking it at night would help.

This is exactly how I'm feeling.  I'm only on my third week of Lamictal (starter party pack) and taking the Zoloft and Lamictal at the same time, I end up feeling exhausted about 2 hours after.

My pdoc just moved my lamictal from am & pm to all pm, along with zoloft. We'll see if that helps. I'm having less trouble with daytime sleepiness, and more trouble with insomnia.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tell me how it works out. ;)   That's my interested face?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, if it's not one thing, it's another right?  Zoloft made me tired.  Lamictal has no effect on my energy whatsoever.  Hopefully your insomnia will get better as your body gets used to taking it at night.  If not, ask for something for sleep. 

Good luck!

Yeah, I take the Zoloft+Lamictal in the AM and then another Lamictal in the PM. I'm on my second party pack ;)

My pdoc just moved my lamictal from am & pm to all pm, along with zoloft. We'll see if that helps. I'm having less trouble with daytime sleepiness, and more trouble with insomnia.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You just reminded me. I actually brought that up with my neurologist last time and he said I could adjust AM or PM as desired. Thanks for that. I shall dose myself silly, all at once, tommorow night. Yep, the rendezvous with madness has been set.

Yep, the rendezvous with madness has been set.

Ah, but the midnight moonlight dances are wonderful...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They're indeed. The last time I did that I ended up at Walgreens and having the manager call the cops on me, which landed me in the nuthouse. It was a worthy choice, better than jail ;)

*That ends today's Wednesday night confessional.*

I did the double dose of lamictal last night, along with my zoloft. Had a hard time waking this morning, but that's just one instance. Maybe it's a case of "idon'twanna". He also doubled my risperdal, I'll start that in a few days, so I won't know what's causing the most sleepiness.

I have been taking Lamictal for just over a month now. I have been on Zoloft for years, on and off. I have not experienced any sleepiness, but this COULD be because I was on Seroquel for a very long time and basically got used to being groggy every morning. I take my Lamictal at night and Zoloft in the morning. I no longer take the Seroquel unless I feel like I won't be able to sleep without it, and that is rare.

Archived