CrazyBoards.org

basuraeuropea

Long-Term High-Dose Benzodiazepine Use

I took eszopiclone (Lunesta) years ago, when I was having insomnia issues from the medication I was taking at the time.  It worked very well.  I was asleep w/in minutes of taking the pill and I slept the full 8 hours.  I don't remember any side effects from it at all.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, netsavy006 said:

I took eszopiclone (Lunesta) years ago, when I was having insomnia issues from the medication I was taking at the time.  It worked very well.  I was asleep w/in minutes of taking the pill and I slept the full 8 hours.  I don't remember any side effects from it at all.

Hi Andy, do you remember what dosage you were taking? 

I took zopiclone (imovane) when I was on high dose of benzo and it worked well for a while then I grew tolerant.

52 minutes ago, mcjimjam said:

I took zopiclone (imovane) when I was on high dose of benzo and it worked well for a while then I grew tolerant.

Thanks for the insight, @mcjimjam. I'll try the drug, but I have my reservations on whether or not 1mg of eszopiclone will do anything at all despite my high benzodiazepine intake. There is room for upward movement should my psychiatrist decide that that would be appropriate if I don't adequately respond to 1mg/night. 

Also, I've read that eszopiclone, for whatever reason, is slower to grow tolerant to than zopiclone. It is the only z-drug approved for the long-term treatment of insomnia. 

Edited by basuraeuropea