CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
mcjimjam

Phentermine

Has anyone got experience with phentermine for weight loss? I’m trying to lose AAP induced weight. I’m doing the diet and exercise too.

So far I don’t feel any side-effects, thankfully. I don’t feel like I took an upper at all.

• Like 1

Phentermine didn't have much of an effect on me when I tried it.  I have recently had some luck (22 pounds down) after adding Metformin in addition to diet and (some) exercise.  Metformin isn't a weight loss drug, but has been shown in studies (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3857117/) to promote weight loss in people who have gained weight from psych meds.  I hope that Phentermine works well for you, though.  

16 hours ago, shesellsseashells said:

Phentermine didn't have much of an effect on me when I tried it.  I have recently had some luck (22 pounds down) after adding Metformin in addition to diet and (some) exercise.  Metformin isn't a weight loss drug, but has been shown in studies (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3857117/) to promote weight loss in people who have gained weight from psych meds.  I hope that Phentermine works well for you, though.  

Does your pdoc prescribe the metformin or a gp?

2 hours ago, DammitJanet said:

Does your pdoc prescribe the metformin or a gp?

The GP at a residential psych facility first prescribed it to me, and my pdoc prescribes it for me now.

1 hour ago, shesellsseashells said:

The GP at a residential psych facility first prescribed it to me, and my pdoc prescribes it for me now.

Thanks