CrazyBoards.org

With depression we tend to focus and ruminate on the shitty aspects of life. But if we look harder we can find good things. If you're up for it, let's share what went well today/lately. I'll go first. 

Today I showered and dressed and put make up on. I went to the coffee shop down the road from my house and the guys there are getting to know me; we have some enjoyable chats. 

What went well/is going well for you? 

• Like 1

I didn't manage a shower, but I did eat lunch. Got my son to school on time, and he had a better day today.

• Like 1

Work is picking up and im not as bored. I get to engineer, not herd cats that are devs.

Slept like shit but am not zombie mode.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Juniper29 said:

I didn't manage a shower, but I did eat lunch. Got my son to school on time, and he had a better day today.

That's awesome. I'm glad your son had a better day! Getting a kid somewhere on time is a massive achievement 😂 

1 hour ago, argh said:

Work is picking up and im not as bored. I get to engineer, not herd cats that are devs.

Slept like shit but am not zombie mode.

It's great to having stimulating work. And it's also great to not be in zombie mode. 

• Like 1

I managed to do some self care things like showering and meditating. Did some dishes. Went to IOP and shared what was on my mind with the group.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Unstrung Harp said:

I managed to do some self care things like showering and meditating. Did some dishes. Went to IOP and shared what was on my mind with the group.

Go you!!! :)

I went to work, and didn't leave early even though I sure wanted to and felt like the activities after the last break were a total waste of time.

• Like 1

I applied for 6 more jobs today.
I also got an email response to a job I applied for last week- the company wants to set up a phone interview!!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kittyloaf said:

I went to work, and didn't leave early even though I sure wanted to and felt like the activities after the last break were a total waste of time.

Awesome. I so relate with that feeling of wanting to leave early. 

41 minutes ago, chem said:

I applied for 6 more jobs today.
I also got an email response to a job I applied for last week- the company wants to set up a phone interview!!

That's exciting!! Good luck :)

19 hours ago, Melancholya said:

Getting a kid somewhere on time is a massive achievement 😂 

True story lol.

• Haha 1

I wrote something at work that I think/hope is half-decent.  I'll get the feedback in the next few days, but I'm happy with it for now.

• Like 1

Went swimming for an hour and got 200 calories burned without any effort. ❤️ the water. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

I wrote something at work that I think/hope is half-decent.  I'll get the feedback in the next few days, but I'm happy with it for now.

That's great, it feels good to create and complete something you are happy with :)

2 hours ago, DammitJanet said:

Went swimming for an hour and got 200 calories burned without any effort. ❤️ the water. 

Well done!! I really ought to get back into exercise. 

Today I got my daughter ready for her kindy visit on time and she enjoyed herself. Leaving kindy also went really smoothly. 

• Like 1

I nailed my phone interview! They're going to schedule an in person interview with me for Monday or Tuesday. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chem said:

I nailed my phone interview! They're going to schedule an in person interview with me for Monday or Tuesday. 

😃 fantastic! 

Nice chem!

i survived my 90-day review at the newish job.  I’m reportedly receiving good reports. I’m not “at the very top” but I’m “solidly in at least the middle.”  My supervisor said that that’s a solid position to aim for and I left in good spirits.

• Like 1

I wear a dental appliance for sleep apnea and my dentist sold his practice which was a surprise to me. I had made an appt 6 months ago with the old dentist. The new one is nice and knowledgeable and the appointment went well.  No issues

• Like 1

Made a phone call, did dishes, went to the grocery store and am planning to make dinner, even though I feel horrible today.

• Like 1

I actually got a very friendly maid at the hotel here finally! Jeez it was nice that she actually didn’t treat me like a low class vermin! And she cleaned and refilled every single thing. Told her she made my day and soothed my spirit. Tipped her half of what I have left for the month. 

Also saw pdoc and everything stayed the same except she told me I could try going up to 30 of Viibryd to see if I could tolerate it. Asked her if she plans on retiring anytime soon while holding my breath, she said not for another 20 years! And she’s not young! God I am so relieved. 

Today was a really good day. 

6 hours ago, chem said:

Yesssss! *fist in the air punch* 

3 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

Nice chem!

i survived my 90-day review at the newish job.  I’m reportedly receiving good reports. I’m not “at the very top” but I’m “solidly in at least the middle.”  My supervisor said that that’s a solid position to aim for and I left in good spirits.

Positive feedback at work is such a mood booster!

48 minutes ago, Unstrung Harp said:

Made a phone call, did dishes, went to the grocery store and am planning to make dinner, even though I feel horrible today.

Good on you for doing those things despite feeling yuck. I hope you start to feel better real soon.

3 hours ago, confused said:

I wear a dental appliance for sleep apnea and my dentist sold his practice which was a surprise to me. I had made an appt 6 months ago with the old dentist. The new one is nice and knowledgeable and the appointment went well.  No issues

Lol this made me think of my father in law. He goes to the dentist so rarely that when he does, his dentist has died and he gets a new one 🤣🤣

37 minutes ago, DammitJanet said:

I actually got a very friendly maid at the hotel here finally! Jeez it was nice that she actually didn’t treat me like a low class vermin! And she cleaned and refilled every single thing. Told her she made my day and soothed my spirit. Tipped her half of what I have left for the month. 

Also saw pdoc and everything stayed the same except she told me I could try going up to 30 of Viibryd to see if I could tolerate it. Asked her if she plans on retiring anytime soon while holding my breath, she said not for another 20 years! And she’s not young! God I am so relieved. 

Today was a really good day. 

I'm glad you got a friendly maid and glad your pdoc will be around for a while! 

• Thanks 1