CrazyBoards.org

I've been on clozapine now for about two months and while it has totally obliterated any signs of psychosis I find that the cognitive price I pay is a bit high. I work as a programmer and so it is important for me to keep numerous variables in my head and have a good working memory sort of and that seriously suffers on clozapine. I cannot take modafinil as it induces psychosis. Adderall is not available in my country of residence. I don't know what to do. Earlier I was on olanzapine and while my psychosis was pretty bad on it I didn't have any cognitive negative effects.

4 hours ago, the maze runner said:

I've been on clozapine now for about two months and while it has totally obliterated any signs of psychosis I find that the cognitive price I pay is a bit high. I work as a programmer and so it is important for me to keep numerous variables in my head and have a good working memory sort of and that seriously suffers on clozapine. I cannot take modafinil as it induces psychosis. Adderall is not available in my country of residence. I don't know what to do. Earlier I was on olanzapine and while my psychosis was pretty bad on it I didn't have any cognitive negative effects.

Could you walk back the dose a bit since everything is controlled? 

Choline supplements? Clozapine is an antagonist to the muscarine receptors which produces an anticholinergic effect. Anticholinergics cause issues with cognition. Not to say you shouldn't work on decreasing the clozapine but this could help slightly.

55 minutes ago, argh said:

Choline supplements? Clozapine is an antagonist to the muscarine receptors which produces an anticholinergic effect. Anticholinergics cause issues with cognition. Not to say you shouldn't work on decreasing the clozapine but this could help slightly.

that thought did occur to me.

I am on Prozac 60mg plus 150mg XR Venlafaxine. I don't have adderall where I am and my pdoc refuses to prescribe methylphenidate. I don't want to take modafinil so that limits my options. However, the clozapine is keeping me sane and I wouldn't want to trade that for anything.

Like I said the clozapine is keeping me sane and that's worth something. I'm starting citicoline today. Will keep this thread updated about it. Hope it helps. I'll also consult my dr. about it.

On 8/22/2019 at 9:24 PM, the maze runner said:

I am on Prozac 60mg plus 150mg XR Venlafaxine. I don't have adderall where I am and my pdoc refuses to prescribe methylphenidate. I don't want to take modafinil so that limits my options. However, the clozapine is keeping me sane and I wouldn't want to trade that for anything.

Do you have Wellbutrin/bupropion where you live? It has procognitive effects

12 hours ago, argh said:

Do you have Wellbutrin/bupropion where you live? It has procognitive effects

yes we do have it. i was actually thinking about it today. i'll ask my dr. about this. he's generally wary of prescribing anything dopaminergic though.

Not much cognition but clozapine has fucked my anxiety though. Very severe type that only resolves with a benzo