Jump to content
CrazyBoards.org

Recommended Posts

I was wondering if anyone ever felt a presence in the room while they were in acute psychosis. To spare the long story, the presence I was feeling was linked to my delusion that a person I go go school with was deeply in love with me. I would feel his presence behind me when I was showering or when I closed my eyes. Or beside me when I was trying to rest. I would think comforting thought or hear things in my head that I thought were him. This all happened last August when I was in a mixed episode. I really feel weird when I talk about this stuff with my therapist because I feel like I'm the only one who's experienced it. I'm diagnosed w/ Bipolar 1 with psychotic features.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tbs14 said:

I was wondering if anyone ever felt a presence in the room while they were in acute psychosis. To spare the long story, the presence I was feeling was linked to my delusion that a person I go go school with was deeply in love with me. I would feel his presence behind me when I was showering or when I closed my eyes. Or beside me when I was trying to rest. I would think comforting thought or hear things in my head that I thought were him. This all happened last August when I was in a mixed episode. I really feel weird when I talk about this stuff with my therapist because I feel like I'm the only one who's experienced it. I'm diagnosed w/ Bipolar 1 with psychotic features.

I’ve had that but thought it was Satan. Hasn’t happened in forever though. Thank goodness. Don’t believe in the asshole anymore anyway. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, tbs14 said:

I was wondering if anyone ever felt a presence in the room while they were in acute psychosis. To spare the long story, the presence I was feeling was linked to my delusion that a person I go go school with was deeply in love with me. I would feel his presence behind me when I was showering or when I closed my eyes. Or beside me when I was trying to rest. I would think comforting thought or hear things in my head that I thought were him. This all happened last August when I was in a mixed episode. I really feel weird when I talk about this stuff with my therapist because I feel like I'm the only one who's experienced it. I'm diagnosed w/ Bipolar 1 with psychotic features.

I have felt this before. It’s been a creepy thing or feeling for me though. Like an an evil presence is in the room with me. This hasn’t happened to me for a while now that meds are on board (well, now that 2 antipsychotic meds are on board I should say). But it was definitely scary and creepy. I’d turn around really fast sometimes to try to “catch a view” of whatever was in the room with me. But I never was fast enough to see what was there with me. Totally creeped me out! I got that eerie feeling a lot, or used to anyway. Is that a psychotic thing? I guess I didn’t think much of it besides it being creepy. Oh, and I have schizoaffective disorder. 

Edited by Wonderful.Cheese
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

I have felt this before. It’s been a creepy thing or feeling for me though. Like an an evil presence is in the room with me. This hasn’t happened to me for a while now that meds are on board (well, now that 2 antipsychotic meds are on board I should say). But it was definitely scary and creepy. I’d turn around really fast sometimes to try to “catch a view” of whatever was in the room with me. But I never was fast enough to see what was there with me. Totally creeped me out! I got that eerie feeling a lot, or used to anyway. Is that a psychotic thing? I guess I didn’t think much of it besides it being creepy. 

I will think the reason my was related to psychosis was because I believed it was a certain person in the room with... Like a I had a delusion attached to the feeling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh ok. I think I understand.

For me, I thought it was more like a demon sent out from hell to punish me, when I felt a presence. It just felt like pure evil and was so creepy. Usually happened at night, very late. It had to have been a demon. Very frightening! I could never see it though. I did see it rain spiders though inside the house. I wonder if that was connected at all?

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I can just understand that “presence” feeling you spoke of. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sense a presence that I call "the entity" when I'm having psychosis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes! Absolutely - I was "checked and investigated" by what I call a Demon Doctor a few weeks ago... I was gently touched all over and my deep energies were read by it. I think somehow it resets me or after it has read me it then directs things in my life to lead me into specific new areas.... so I will notice that things happen where I am provided with opportunities around work or whatever... this is done after I am "read"

 

It is never comfortable and there is always that prickly feeling of hair standing up on my neck when this happens.... I am visited occasionally, not often.... I think what must have happened is that certain Angels before they fell and became Demons must have been created to check us and help us in life... it is one of these that visits me... I feel a bit helpless about this now because I know that the decisions I make are fed and informed by those "others"

 

Frustrating - and that leads me to wonder if I am real.... anyway - yes I do feel these things..... 

On 8/24/2019 at 4:44 AM, Wonderful.Cheese said:

Oh ok. I think I understand.

For me, I thought it was more like a demon sent out from hell to punish me, when I felt a presence. It just felt like pure evil and was so creepy. Usually happened at night, very late. It had to have been a demon. Very frightening! I could never see it though. I did see it rain spiders though inside the house. I wonder if that was connected at all?

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I can just understand that “presence” feeling you spoke of. 

Yes! I can really relate to this as well!! Yes cheese... hmmmm creepy and unsettling.... I think the spiders were definitely connected!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...