CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  

Do you drive? I’m getting the feeling that you don’t. I think you should call a taxi. There’s nothing more anonymous than a taxi. It’s a safe little bubble that goes from point a to point b with just you and the driver, and the driver isn’t interested in you. Driving is his job. Believe me, he will have seen weirder than a guy in the back seat who doesn’t want to talk.

You could also try calling a local non-emergency number and asking their advice. I assume you’re trying to avoid an ambulance ride? 

• Like 1

Please let us know how you’re doing when you can. Good luck.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crow66 said:

Well, I put the trip off until around 11 last night...but I did go in.  It’s cellulitis, x-ray was fine and the ultrasound showed my veins were those of someone that is or was a runner (in my case it’s was a runner, lol).

Well, that’s good. What’s the treatment?

15 hours ago, crow66 said:

I kinda hacked one of my nails and made it bleed a week or so ago...that’s the only skin break we could see.  Even though things are really swollen they didn’t think I needed anything via IV.  Cellulitis can be very dangerous but my case should respond to oral antibiotics so I was given a prescription for Cephalexin with the standard...if it gets worse head back instruction.  So I’m happy.  

Regarding the vein thrombosis concern, my internet diagnostic work had included cellulitis as a differential diagnosis but this seemed to be way too deep for that in my mind plus I’ve been really sedentary lately (grounded to the house and all).  The two conditions look quite similar and without doing an ultrasound you really can’t rule out a clot. My foot and ankle are red in color which points more in the cellulitis direction but I’m colorblind so that indication was lost to me. 

I’m really glad it turned out so well.