CrazyBoards.org

Sometimes out of the blue I get this feeling that I did something wrong and people will come to get me, because of this. Then I keep on reviewing what I did throughout the day and see that I did not do anything wrong. What causes this? Is this ocd or paranoia? How to prevent/deal/improve with this?

Edited by CookieN

Hey, so my answer is going to sound a little crazy.. But thisn is crazyboards so here you go.

I thinknwhen we get the thoughts lijemyou're describing, persecution type, paranoia thoughts that it might tie in to a past life that we have experienced.  Like the events and trials of it were sp intense that it still manages.to.creep up on us in this present one.  I personally have found.relief by asking myself whether this is.something I should be worried.about or is it just past life energy being carried over?

A kind of weird journaling activity I have done too is to ask myself why?  And allow my higher self (or imagination, whatever your belief) to come up.with the story that created this powerful energy.  Once it is out on paper you can burn the paper or throw it out or just say out loud that you consciously choose to.release this energy from your life.. That it no longer serves you and your highest good.  So you fave the pain, transmute it into creative writing, and then release it.  

Hope this was understandable.  If you want help or anything, i don't mind helping.  I have suffered from obsessivr thoughts for my entire.life.  shit is not easy.  I had to find new approaches.

ocd generally comes with other obsessions and often compulsions to go along with them. from what i know (and i cannot diagnose you), a persistent fear that someone will get you is more like paranoia, whereas the more ocd-like flavour would be worrying that you had said something inappropriate in a social interaction, even though you have no memory of doing such. 

it is more ocd-ish to have upsetting intrusive thoughts that stem from nothing. the hallmark of ocd is that these thoughts come from nowhere, they are distressing (a non-ocd might worry that they had said something wrong in a social setting, but upon reviewing the conversation, they could let go of the fear by seeing nothing inappropriate had been said), and a ritual is performed in response to the thought. having an obsession without a ritual or compulsion is more indicative of something else, maybe social anxiety or paranoia. even pure-o ocd has mental compulsions.

ocd often seems irrational to the person afflicted, too. they know that it's really unlikely that they said something bad in a conversation, and that it's unlikely that anyone is after them, but they can't let it go without the compulsion.

i have more experience with ocd/obsessive stuff than i do with paranoia, so i'll let someone else explain their experiences with that.

if it's ocd, cognitive behavioural therapy  helps some folks. high doses of antidepressants help others. i have found low-dose AAPs helpful for my obsessing and racing thoughts. some cases of ocd resolve themselves almost entirely on the right meds, and others need lots of therapy to get better.

what are your diagnoses, or diagnosis? what meds do you take, if any? do you have a care team (pdoc/tdoc/both), and do they know you are struggling with this?

17 hours ago, ocdeb said:

Hey, so my answer is going to sound a little crazy.. But thisn is crazyboards so here you go.

I thinknwhen we get the thoughts lijemyou're describing, persecution type, paranoia thoughts that it might tie in to a past life that we have experienced.  Like the events and trials of it were sp intense that it still manages.to.creep up on us in this present one.  I personally have found.relief by asking myself whether this is.something I should be worried.about or is it just past life energy being carried over?

A kind of weird journaling activity I have done too is to ask myself why?  And allow my higher self (or imagination, whatever your belief) to come up.with the story that created this powerful energy.  Once it is out on paper you can burn the paper or throw it out or just say out loud that you consciously choose to.release this energy from your life.. That it no longer serves you and your highest good.  So you fave the pain, transmute it into creative writing, and then release it.  

Hope this was understandable.  If you want help or anything, i don't mind helping.  I have suffered from obsessivr thoughts for my entire.life.  shit is not easy.  I had to find new approaches.

Your theory makes so much sense!!!! Thank you so much, it is helpful

17 hours ago, echolocation said:

ocd generally comes with other obsessions and often compulsions to go along with them. from what i know (and i cannot diagnose you), a persistent fear that someone will get you is more like paranoia, whereas the more ocd-like flavour would be worrying that you had said something inappropriate in a social interaction, even though you have no memory of doing such. 

it is more ocd-ish to have upsetting intrusive thoughts that stem from nothing. the hallmark of ocd is that these thoughts come from nowhere, they are distressing (a non-ocd might worry that they had said something wrong in a social setting, but upon reviewing the conversation, they could let go of the fear by seeing nothing inappropriate had been said), and a ritual is performed in response to the thought. having an obsession without a ritual or compulsion is more indicative of something else, maybe social anxiety or paranoia. even pure-o ocd has mental compulsions.

ocd often seems irrational to the person afflicted, too. they know that it's really unlikely that they said something bad in a conversation, and that it's unlikely that anyone is after them, but they can't let it go without the compulsion.

i have more experience with ocd/obsessive stuff than i do with paranoia, so i'll let someone else explain their experiences with that.

if it's ocd, cognitive behavioural therapy  helps some folks. high doses of antidepressants help others. i have found low-dose AAPs helpful for my obsessing and racing thoughts. some cases of ocd resolve themselves almost entirely on the right meds, and others need lots of therapy to get better.

what are your diagnoses, or diagnosis? what meds do you take, if any? do you have a care team (pdoc/tdoc/both), and do they know you are struggling with this?

The thing is this thought seems similar to what you describe. It is an intrusive thought that stem from nothing, are distressing. Instead of worrying if I said something innapropiate in a social interaction, I worry that I did something bad.