CrazyBoards.org

When was the last time you went outdoors surrounded by Nature? The last time you felt sunlight on your face? Felt the clearing of the salted water of the ocean? Heard the sound of the waves?. When was the last time you exercised, moved your body and your energy? Danced? Ate healthy, comforting and nutritious foods? Sang? Repeated some affirmations? Thought positive thoughts? Meditated? Followed your passions? Talked to a friend?
There is no way I get depressed doing these things.....

What helps you?

6 minutes ago, CookieN said:

What helps you?

I wish I knew what would help, nothing really has, so far.....I'm scared to even leave my house alone....I'm hopeful that one day, something will help...........At least I still have hope, and very supportive family and friends that help me.

Running helps me. I ran 10 miles this morning in the lovely late summer weather. I listen to books when I run too, so I get to be read to and run at the same time. WIn win. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, saintalto said:

Running helps me. I ran 10 miles this morning in the lovely late summer weather. I listen to books when I run too, so I get to be read to and run at the same time. WIn win. 

10 miles !!!! Wow you are an athlete! I walk 2 miles a day and feel happy for that.  The benefits of running 10 miles must be great. I also read books although i dont listen to it while I walk

1 hour ago, CrazyRedhead said:

I wish I knew what would help, nothing really has, so far.....I'm scared to even leave my house alone....I'm hopeful that one day, something will help...........At least I still have hope, and very supportive family and friends that help me.

There is hope! Keep on looking for things that might have help you. The 2 things that have helped me the most have been exercise and change of diet. You do not need to get out of the house to accomplish those 2! I walk on a treadmill

I like to knit cute little mini stuffed animals and things and little animal xmas ornaments that have little tiny accessories they wear. Little things on 4" double pointed needles. I love picking out yarn colors when I get a choice/chance to be creative (often I just go with what the pattern calls for). I knit a full-size stuffed animal once. Felt weird knitting with more normal-sized needles. And then he looked cold and a bit naked so I knit him a custom striped sweater. I had to use JSSBO (a super stretchy bind off) so it would fit over his big hippo head. That was my first sweater project. I also once knit a mini sweater for an elf ornament since he looked chilly and a bit naked as well. No human-sized sweaters yet.

The only weird thing is I do most of my cheerful little knits while watching Dateline and 48 Hours reruns, ID and oxygen channel crime documentaries, and quite a bit of other disturbing stuff. I watch some silly shows like Real Housewives and Teen Mom as well but I really go for the true crime. And police procedurals, of course. And anything dark and/or gruesome in general.

I get into my happy zone when I knit while watching tv.

ETA: I love knitting all kinds of food items too. Fruits, a slice of cherry pie, etc. It's fun trying to find the perfect yarn for pie crust. I ordered a couple online and neither were quite right in person so I had to go in person to my local yarn store which normally I don't have good luck at but that day I found "Hug Me Gingerly" by Claudia handpainted yarns is the color of pie crust and bought a skein. Also, Cascade 220 superwash effects in the color lava is the color of salami. It's true. And sometimes you need to knit some salami. There was once another yarn even more the color of salami but it was sadly discontinued before my time.

Edited by aquarian

On 9/5/2019 at 7:51 AM, CookieN said:

When was the last time you went outdoors surrounded by Nature?today

The last time you felt sunlight on your face? yesterday

Felt the clearing of the salted water of the ocean? earlier this week

Heard the sound of the waves?.today

When was the last time you exercised, :dunce: unsure, unless walks count

moved your body and your energy? did light yoga recently, unsure on date

Danced? november. As a joke for another site, part of a video review i did was expressed through interprative dance

Ate healthy friday

, comforting and nutritious foods? another fail, sorry. A while

Sang? most days, my parrots dig it

Repeated some affirmations? does sarcasm count? hogwash like that is part of what keeps me away from tdocs (YMMV)

Thought positive thoughts? i'm positive tdocs are quacks

Meditated? a fair while ago

Followed your passions? shattered them long ago, i feel free now

Talked to a friend? online? every day i have at least 3 close friends on my contact list. Unless i hit sleepathon mode
There is no way I get depressed doing these things.....

What helps you?

i still get depressed far to often

• Like 1