CrazyBoards.org

I've had sleep troubles while on zyprexa, is that because it isn't indicated for people with concomitant insomnia??  I wouldn't sleep on it, or i would sleep for like 10-12 hours.  

Because of that and because my current regimen isn't working as much is there any way to take it PRN low dose if i talk to the doctor about it?  Because I can take it like once or twice and it doesn't affect my sleep.

15 minutes ago, Blart752 said:

I've had sleep troubles while on zyprexa, is that because it isn't indicated for people with concomitant insomnia??  I wouldn't sleep on it, or i would sleep for like 10-12 hours.  

Because of that and because my current regimen isn't working as much is there any way to take it PRN low dose if i talk to the doctor about it?  Because I can take it like once or twice and it doesn't affect my sleep.

Some people do take a second smaller dose for sleep or to calm down for bedtime, but What dose are you on? Zyprexa can knock most people out with even one a day dosing 

I did take 10 mg for like 4 years at night.  But the negative effects were very bad.  I wasn't looking to add on to my zyprexa but just use it as a PRN.  I am taking seroquel xr right now.  

Edited by Blart752

I have Zyprexa as a PRN. I haven’t needed it in many months, but it’s there if I do need it. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By CookieN
      Anyone on a very low dose of zyprexa?  How low? Do you have any side effects on this very low dose? Does it improve your symptoms? 
    • By Equilibrium022x
      Weird, like reading here and other forums, they say it is almost like a magic pill, that they put into sleep instantly, some others say it has the potential of distorted perspective like on DXM but in a relaxing way. I just started last week and i barely see benefits from it. The first night with one 10 mg, a little excited for how would be the effects on me, but 20 minutes later and nothing, then half an hour nothing, soy i eat another 10 mg, so a total of 20, i just felt very mild effects like i've taken valerian or some other herb but i slept, not immediatly but i did. This night i abused, i have to confess i was desperate but never again, so i took one and snorted another one at the same time and again like sugar pill, then ate another one and the 4th one sublingual, so a total of 40 mg, it's a strong dose, and here i am...6:33 in the morning and zero sleep, i had to take 2 mg of clonazepam but i decided better not to sleep, that clona really helps me always, but i prefered not to sleep and start my day, i dont wanna mess with my schedule and drink my coffee, going later to walk, clean the house or read something. Btw today i have the appointment with my psychiatrist and tell him my situation, either prescribe me something else like amitriptyline or stay with my quetiapine and clonazepam, just wanted to augment that combo, but let's see....
    • By Blahblah
      Never been a morning person, but getting up is becoming more a problem. I read about "Sleep Inertia" when you wake up during REM cycle and then feel intensely groggy, foggy (like drunk) when you get up. For me this state lasts over an hour. Is this a (too much) Melatonin thing?
      I sleep like a log through the night. I've experimented with my routine, 8-10 hours, and regardless, I get this groggy drunk feeling every morning when I get up, even after coffee and meds. It takes forever to wear off!
      Anyone know a cheap sleep tracker? I probably oversleep, but regardless 8 or 10 hours, I feel this way. I set my alarm across the room and usually snooze a couple times because it is literally impossible for me to get up.
    • By Britton777
      Hi everyone. I’ve been bouncing from one trial of medication to another for the past 4 1/2 years with adverse reactions. Nothing has helped. I just saw a new psychiatrist on Monday. An older gentleman who actually seemed to listen. He was also a longtime professor our local university. 
      My symptoms are treatment resistant insomnia, chronic, severe anxiety, chronic derealization, ocd (pure o) racing, intrusive thoughts (often presenting as songs looping in my head, but a switch can also go off in my head where I obsessively think about something to the point of it driving me crazy)  brain fog, depression. My body and brown simply will not turn off. I’m stuck in constant fight/flight.  I believe the lack of sleep is the catalyst for most of this (all of this started after sudden onset of insomnia) Maybe it wouldn’t go away with sleep, but I know it would get better. My main goal is sleep, but seems unattainable after 4 1/2 years.
      I have tried every medication under the sun (well, mostly) 
      The doctor decided to prescribe provigil (modafinil) which seems counterintuitive to me. He was clear that it could go either way. Possible that it could calm me down, possible that it could let me up and make my symptoms worse. 
      Luckily for me, since I am highly sensitive to medication, he is quite conservative  and said to only start with roughly 1/16 of a pill to see how I do. 
      Wondering what your thoughts are on this given my symptoms? Seems counterintuitive...but maybe it will help. So confused. 
    • By Britton777
      Hi everyone. I’ve been dealing with unbearable symptoms for over 4 years. Insomnia, racing thoughts (OCD), derealization, irritability, brain fog and depression. 
      I have tried so many medications, but none help. My insomnia and anxiety are through the roof and I have 24/7 derealization. Years ago, 2007, when I was struggling with depression, my psych talked about starting an MAOI, but we instead we added geodon to Zoloft and it worked (for awhile) 
      Long  story short, I developed sudden onset ruminating thoughts (in form of OCD), insomnia and Anxiety  in 2009. After many trials of meds (I’m adverse and paradoxical to most) I finally was put on remeron which got me sleeping again and in turn helped my other symptoms. 
      From 2010-October 2014 I did relatively well, that is until remeron stopped working and all my symptoms came back. 
      Since I have been inpatient several times trying every sleeping med , bipolar med, SSRI etc with no relief. 
      Mom wondering if an MAOI could help me? Can MAOI’s treat anxiety? Racy brain? I’ve read they can make insomnia worse, which I don’t need. 
      Symptoms: severe insomnia, lucid dreams/nightmares, 24/7 derealization, severe anxiety and panic, major depression, brain fog, dizziness, migraines. 
      I believe, like in 2009-2010, many of my symptoms are from sleep deprivation. I am very desperate to get control over my anxiety and sleep. I’m at the end of my rope. 
      Could an MAOI help me as a last ditch effort to get some kind of quality of life back? 
      Current meds: weaning off Zoloft, weaning off remeron, geodon 20 mg X2, Ativan 5 mg per day (please don’t jump down my throat about this, it will give me a panic attack. I know it’s a high dose and I need to taper this too), prazosin 2 mg. 
      TIA