CrazyBoards.org
confused

I have been spending more than usual

My husband is really frugal and often he takes a long time to make decisions.  I usually ask him before spending. We have a joint account, but I have my own credit card.

i have bought things like vitamins and clothes, some small splurges.

I was cleaning out a drawer and found a T-shirt with my children’s picture on it, I am never going to wear it, but I want to save it.  I found someone on Etsy who makes quilted pillows from shirts and I ordered one, mailed the shirt and am waiting now. It is not a big expense but it isn’t something he won’t notice.

but, the next is a big deal, and I am afraid to tell.  I was looking at discounts I can get through my work,  they have discounted gym memberships, but I know I won’t use that.  They have pet insurance, a few different companies.  I asked my vet and he recommends it and said they are all good companies.  I called to get a quote and ended up signing up.  The underwriters approved it and I am expecting a notice in the mail soon.  

I am not afraid, like he is mean or anything, but I am afraid to tell him.

Pet insurance has been my saviour. Our dog had to have heart surgery and it cost 10k, but pet insurance paid 90 percent of the costs. Later, our dog was attacked by another dog and the 1000 dollar emergency bill came down to 100 dollars. Plus it paid for all her medications and tests etc... I don’t think we’d have this dog without having had the pet insurance. It’s a wise move.

• Like 2

It's good that you're catching yourself. Watch out though. For me it's a ton of small purchases that add up. Death by a thousand paper cuts

Edited by argh
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, argh said:

It's good that you're catching yourself. Watch out though. For me it's a ton of small purchases that add up. Death by a thousand paper cuts

Yes, I have been doing a bunch of small amounts, too and they do add up.  He said he noticed some and was questioning it.  I am going to try to put an end to that.

i just told him about the insurance.  He wants me to try to cancel it, but if we can’t we can get through a year.

He said I seem fine, but I have these impulses.  

I probably sound really backward or something, but I had a time where I was spending because of delusions.

22 minutes ago, saintalto said:

Pet insurance has been my saviour. Our dog had to have heart surgery and it cost 10k, but pet insurance paid 90 percent of the costs. Later, our dog was attacked by another dog and the 1000 dollar emergency bill came down to 100 dollars. Plus it paid for all her medications and tests etc... I don’t think we’d have this dog without having had the pet insurance. It’s a wise move.

I am glad you have your dog and the surgery and all was covered.  I think if we compare a few we may decide on a policy 

I spend a lot on many seemingly small things. It adds up fast. It does get to be a problem for me. Maybe having someone to talk to about it actually helps?  I’m single so no one to talk me out of it or make me think twice. 

• Like 1