CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
lefer

Agitated and Unrestful - Can't do anything

I have SAD bipolar type. I'm unrestful all day long.

I can't even stay in bed because I'm not at peace. What are your advises and experiences?

Edited by lefer

Could it be depression? Depression can make it difficult to focus and concentrate on things. How has your mood been lately?

18 minutes ago, kittyloaf said:

Could it be depression? Depression can make it difficult to focus and concentrate on things. How has your mood been lately?

Although I feel down, i dont think it's depression. I dont feel calm. I feel i should be doing something with my life. But i unable to because Im not well. 

Edited by lefer

It still could be related to depression. Depression presents many ways. Hyperthyroidism can cause agitation.  Have you looked at current thyroid levels ? I see that one of your possible diagnoses is schizoaffective disorder bipolar type so mixed features makes more sense if you put it in that context. However good lo plain depression can have agitation.

Agitated depression is a type of depression that involves symptoms like restlessness and anger. People who experience this type of depression usually don’t feel lethargic or slowed-down.

Agitated depression used to be called “melancholia agitata.” It’s now known as “mixed mania” or “mixed features.” And it can be seen in people with bipolar disorder. But, psychomotor agitation can also be seen in major depressive disorder. This condition makes a person appear restless.

https://www.healthline.com/health/agitated-depression

4 hours ago, lefer said:

I have SAD bipolar type. I'm unrestful all day long.

I can't even stay in bed because I'm not at peace. What are your advises and experiences?

Akathisia from meds? 

I feel the same way a lot of the time. Exercise helps, intense so it tires you out. The relief doesn’t last long.