CrazyBoards.org

Hey all,

I just thought I would introduce myself. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, among other things, as a youth, but I didn't start taking it seriously until recently when the mood issues became more extreme. I have not taken psych meds in a long time. I actually used to be a bit of an anti-pharma hippy when I was younger, but I'm 30 now and I have matured. Once my situation progressed to the extent that I was depending on alcohol as a mood stabilizer, I knew it was time for a change. I'm about 6 weeks sober now and going through the trial and error process of putting together a med cocktail.

After lurking and reading for a couple of weeks, I ended up deciding I should register and start participating. I look forward to getting to know some of you folks.

-Caddy

3 hours ago, Caddy said:

Hey all,

I just thought I would introduce myself. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, among other things, as a youth, but I didn't start taking it seriously until recently when the mood issues became more extreme. I have not taken psych meds in a long time. I actually used to be a bit of an anti-pharma hippy when I was younger, but I'm 30 now and I have matured. Once my situation progressed to the extent that I was depending on alcohol as a mood stabilizer, I knew it was time for a change. I'm about 6 weeks sober now and going through the trial and error process of putting together a med cocktail.

After lurking and reading for a couple of weeks, I ended up deciding I should register and start participating. I look forward to getting to know some of you folks.

-Caddy

Glad you decided to join up!Β 

Welcome to CB! :DΒ 

Hello! Nothing to be afraid of, we all have our different problems but there will be people here going through the same thing, and there's always some overlap with other people who have different issues. So we can all be miserable and fucked up together, and I'm glad you decided to join. Oh wait! That didn't come out right.

Hi, Caddy. Welcome to CB. As Flue has pointed out, we’re happy to meet you, in a rueful way. There are a lot of bipolar people here-I’m one-so you’re in good company.

Please PM me or one of the other mods if you need help figuring out the site.

Gearhead (admin)