CrazyBoards.org

I took 100 mg for about 10 years, then upped it to 150 for another year or so and then tried to come off it myself and now I'm in the jam I'm in - went into a MDD and my anxiety went through the roof blah blah.  I tried Cymbalta twice, Lexapro for a month and said WTF go back on Zoloft.  I've been on 150 for about 3 - 4 weeks now.  I am feeling better - not 100% but I did do a "job" on myself taking myself off last year so...I'd say up the Zoloft - no reason to be afraid.  150 doesn't make me any "different" feeling - I will even consider 200 one day if needed.

I'm a strong believer in taking the dose of any given med as high as you can get it without really bad side effects before switching to another. 

The SSRIs are enough alike that If one didn't work at a low dose it's likely that none of them will.  If you refuse to take higher doses you'd just end up switching from one med at a low dose to another at a low dose.

Zoloft didn't do much for me until I hit the 200mg mark. I'd say that it was the most effective of the SSRIs for my depression but less so for the anxiety.

What's wrong with a crutch anyway?  A crutch is something that lets you walk without pain while you are healing.

Archived