CrazyBoards.org

Is anyone being treated for tardive dyskinesia?

I was diagnosed earlier in the week, but she started me on vraylar and didn’t want to start two new meds at the same time. So I go back in a week and a half. 

I’m not a med scaredy cat usually, but I’m pretty nervous about this. What meds are good and what are the side effects? 

1 hour ago, iLove said:

I was diagnosed earlier in the week, but she started me on vraylar and didn’t want to start two new meds at the same time. So I go back in a week and a half. 

I’m not a med scaredy cat usually, but I’m pretty nervous about this. What meds are good and what are the side effects? 

Good for...? Treating tardive dyskenisia ? 

I’m sorry I wasn’t clear. 

Yes I was just diagnosed with TD. I’ve had it for a while though. I’m pretty sure it was caused by abilify because that’s what I was on when it started. 

I had a depressive episode, so she switched me from latuda to seroquel. I had an allergic reaction to seroquel for some reason, so I stopped it. Then I became manic, so she put me on vraylar. 

I go back in a week and a half to get something for the TD. I just have no idea what to expect. 

1 hour ago, iLove said:

I’m sorry I wasn’t clear. 

Yes I was just diagnosed with TD. I’ve had it for a while though. I’m pretty sure it was caused by abilify because that’s what I was on when it started. 

I had a depressive episode, so she switched me from latuda to seroquel. I had an allergic reaction to seroquel for some reason, so I stopped it. Then I became manic, so she put me on vraylar. 

I go back in a week and a half to get something for the TD. I just have no idea what to expect. 

Ok, understood. Sorry you are dealing with this. I hope you get some helpful input.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, iLove said:

She mentioned trying one of the two newer meds. I just can’t find any info on how they make you feel. 

Thanks, juniper. 

They are not supposed to affect how you feel so you will find this in the adverse reactions in the PI. For austedom adverse reactions is Section 6 of the PI:

The most common adverse reactions occurring in greater than 3% of AUSTEDO treated patients and greater than placebo were nasopharyngitis and insomnia. The adverse reactions occurring in >2% or more patients treated with AUSTEDO (12- 48 mg per day) and greater than in placebo patients in two double-blind, placebo controlled studies in patients with tardive dyskinesia (Study 1 and Study 2) are summarized in Table 3. 

• Like 1