CrazyBoards.org

Hypnosis

I'm actually going through this right now.  I had my 3rd session today - out of 10.  Not sure if it will help - but I figured it's only money and time so it couldn't hurt.  I've been wanting to do this for years to see if it would help.  Hopefully it will.  Can't be any worse than therapy for a year and I'm still "spinning my wheels" as my therapist said Tuesday.  I'm like fuck you - aren't you supposed to help me get my wheels rolling!  People!

Hey Pink,

I think hypnosis is for real if it's done right. I also think there are a LOT of quacks out there so you need to be very careful. Good hypnosis operates on the notion that YOU are in charge throughout the session and that YOU control what you do or don't remember. Yes, it can help you remember things from your childhood that you've blocked out. Yes, it can help you heal old wounds. But YOU are the one who really does the work. The hypnotherapist merely helps you clear away the blockage. Mind you, I can't stress enough how important it is to work with someone who knows what they're doing. Otherwise you're just wasting the do-re-mi and potentially endangering your psyche.

(In the spirit of full disclosure, I must now inform you that my husband is a hypnotherapist and you can PM me of you want his e-mail address).

Millie

Hey Pink,

I think hypnosis is for real if it's done right. I also think there are a LOT of quacks out there so you need to be very careful. Good hypnosis operates on the notion that YOU are in charge throughout the session and that YOU control what you do or don't remember. Yes, it can help you remember things from your childhood that you've blocked out. Yes, it can help you heal old wounds. But YOU are the one who really does the work. The hypnotherapist merely helps you clear away the blockage. Mind you, I can't stress enough how important it is to work with someone who knows what they're doing. Otherwise you're just wasting the do-re-mi and potentially endangering your psyche.

(In the spirit of full disclosure, I must now inform you that my husband is a hypnotherapist and you can PM me of you want his e-mail address).

Millie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What about hypnosis tapes, for things like weight loss or confidence boost?

Archived